Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 04 gu bus...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

04 gu bus...

Hi all i finally got my rig.. i wish i could say im impressed but im not.. first day and a shit load of gremlims...

Front door central locking was playn up.. couldnt lock it frm inside or outside now the p.o.s locks but wont unlock so u have to enter n exit out either passenger side or rear doors... anyone else had this problem?

2nd is the previous owner just got the bus serviced.. he went to give engine bay a clean with water nw its got a high idle and to make it even worse it doesnt wont to start nw?... take like around 10-15 atempts til it finally decides to kick over... he reckoms it might be the glow plugs but who knws... sub tank pump aparently shit itself the other day and he replaced it with new one.. so maybe it has air in the system? I popd bonnet and gave it a couple quick pumps til its hrd to depress... i dnt knw if it helps but sometimes it will start after this/plus a few atempts at cranking it...But its still idles high then drops dwn to normal thn idles high.. like its got a mind of its own... any feedback apreciated...

3rd is it has dual battey setup wiv anderson plug and cig socket in rear of bus.. go to plug my fridge in then aloud pop and headunit up the fronts no longer wrkn.. wtf?

4th.. it has the biggest death wobbles arnd the 70-80k...

5th no nad mods/gauges which means less money in my pocket...

All the above happening in less than 12hrs of recieving vehicle...

I understand being a 2nd hand vehicle its not perfect but first impressions.. i dont think im totally convinced the patrol is all its talked upto be...
    Last edited by mullet_hunter; 19th February 2015 at 02:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All this since you bought it ?? Did you test drive and look at it first ? Maybe you should get your money back. Sounds like a sh!t load of bad luck.
    Some one recently had door latch problems. I'm sure some one else here can help with the issues. There normally is.
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye did test drive.. just alot of bad luck.. was all good last week.. nw not so much...not realy impressed thus far..
    Last edited by mullet_hunter; 19th February 2015 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geeze mate not to be rude but you must have not done much on the test drive..

Any forum in the world will mention death wobbles, and how to check.

Sounds like a dodge wiring job.

Now the starting? I'll assume it happened when you picked it up? If so why didn't you walk away??

I understand buying a new car is exciting and the brain fades a bit. But only one of the mentioned issues and a car thing. The rest is owner induced.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey Mullet on the lower right side of the dash near your knee
    is a quick idle switch[rocker] that may have been bumped

Check your wheel bearings [front]
    How did it pass a RW????

check all your fuel and vacuum lines for cracks etc
    Last edited by threedogs; 19th February 2015 at 08:57 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and the previous owner are both dumb founded... ive done stax amount of research budd.. everyone telln me dnt get a patrol blah blah... drove it last week and it went realy well as mentioned in my intro post... so much that i thought id get rid of my 80 and get the gu... had a slight vibration arnd same speed just not as bad as nw.... dont get me wrong it still drives nice... but just the night befor he (pevious owner) was going to drive it up2 mine he thought he would give engine bay a quick clean thats when he said it started idleing high.. he showed me that switch on the right hand side that makes the bus idle high and said it might have sumthing to do with it... then he said water might have got dwn into the glow plugs as it wasnt startn first click... im sure its all only small things just doing my head in that it literally started happing the day i get it... any feedback on how to fix my gremlins would muchly be apreciated... also thanks for the feedback recieved thus far... mullet

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet_hunter View Post
    Hi all i finally got my rig.. i wish i could say im impressed but im not.. first day and a shit load of gremlims...

Front door central locking was playn up.. couldnt lock it frm inside or outside now the p.o.s locks but wont unlock so u have to enter n exit out either passenger side or rear doors... anyone else had this problem?

2nd is the previous owner just got the bus serviced.. he went to give engine bay a clean with water nw its got a high idle and to make it even worse it doesnt wont to start nw?... take like around 10-15 atempts til it finally decides to kick over... he reckoms it might be the glow plugs but who knws... sub tank pump aparently shit itself the other day and he replaced it with new one.. so maybe it has air in the system? I popd bonnet and gave it a couple quick pumps til its hrd to depress... i dnt knw if it helps but sometimes it will start after this/plus a few atempts at cranking it...But its still idles high then drops dwn to normal thn idles high.. like its got a mind of its own... any feedback apreciated...

3rd is it has dual battey setup wiv anderson plug and cig socket in rear of bus.. go to plug my fridge in then aloud pop and headunit up the fronts no longer wrkn.. wtf?

4th.. it has the biggest death wobbles arnd the 70-80k...

5th no nad mods/gauges which means less money in my pocket...

All the above happening in less than 12hrs of recieving vehicle...

I understand being a 2nd hand vehicle its not perfect but first impressions.. i dont think im totally convinced the patrol is all its talked upto be...

First .... Your drivers door is locked now, and won't unlock? If this is the case, then you are in a bit of trouble with this, as if you can't get it to unlock, then you will have to remove the inner door trim to get to the lock itself ( which may mean that you need to destroy the trim by cutting a hole in the door trim on the inside, or you can remove the front guard, undo the door hinges, and swing it away enough to pop off the trim but that is a lot of effort ).

I would take it off-road on some bumpy stuff, and see if you can get the lock to jiggle a bit, and try again .... you could be lucky

Second...... I would get under the bonnet with a water dispersant, such as WD40, and spray all the electrical connections - even unplugging, then spray and reconnect - with the ignition off so you don't introduce any extra fault codes

Third .... this must have been something you have done, as it was fine before you plugged in ... Check fuses, and then check the polarity of the plug against the polarity of the wiring of your fridge with a multimeter and your eyes too

Fourth .... Patrols can have slight wobbles in the steering wheel - that is a known issue, but these should be minimal ... check the wheels and tyres - rotate the back to the front to see if it makes a difference. If you then need to, get you tyres balanced at the tyre dealer you trust, then re-assess from there.

Fifth .... can't help you
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

mullet_hunter (19th February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well first up.. NADS.. your going to need to do that. Rip the intake manifold off and clean it all out, even the intercooler.

Then wobbles.. this could be so many things.. heaps of info on this issue to.. tighten wheel bearings first as td said, then try greasing the pivot points.. greasing will give a short temp fix, and if works shows joints need replacing.

Im not convinced water around the plugs would affect the starting.. maybe replace them as they are a failure point on the di 3ltr.. so preventative maintenance is key.

you say priming the pump it goes stiff.. thats good. shouldnt be any air in the line, unless you have a leak. so maybe prime it and then search the fuel lines for any wet spots..

stick with it though mate.. once going well itll be all that much sweeter..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    X 2 spray every electrical connection you can see under the bonnet, even disconnect the battery for a while
    as you do it, Find all your earth straps and re do them.
    Another good thing to do is Hose the bottom of the radiator from the inside as a lot of dust /mud settles there

wobble could be a number of things , bearings easy fix,, wheel balance easy fix or bushes
    Park it in the sun with the bonnet up nice and hot over in WA to dry out the engine bay
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

13. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

mullet_hunter (23rd February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Might have to stand back and take one step at a time. Just thinking though, if everything was ok then this all happened after a wash, it may be that some wireing was moved and is not connecting or shorting. The WD40 trick may proove somthing. Also I would do an eyeball of all wireing harness and connections that may have been disturbed. Might also be worth checking the wireing to the new sub tank pump. I'm thinking anderson plug, wiring to new fuel transfer pump and blowen fuses may be connected.
    As for the death wobbles - that a seperate thing. Try moving wheel around as suggested. Could be as simple as a ballance weight fallen off.
    Just work your way through it.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast