Thread: Legal Sunshine Coast tracks?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legal Sunshine Coast tracks?

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone knows of any tracks on the sunshine coast for a bit of a bash? Even if it's just something for an arvo drive off road..

And if anyone is keen to go for a drive with a bit of a newby to show me some tricks and tips!!

Cheers in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glass house mate
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glasshouse does indeed have a lot to offer.

You can go anywhere in forestry, as long as there's no signage saying keep out (which means they are working with logging equipment there).

You can go anywhere in State forest as well.

You cannot legally go into gazetted National Park areas (although there are a lot of tracks there, and the gates are generally open or damaged).

Driving around in the pine stands can be interesting or boring, there's a lot of variation in there, and you can get lost, so take a compass... and don't go solo unless you have a winch.
    1995 GQ TD42 NA

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Squalo For This Useful Post:

jackwalks (3rd March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGU View Post
    Hey everyone just wondering if anyone knows of any tracks on the sunshine coast for a bit of a bash? Even if it's just something for an arvo drive off road..

And if anyone is keen to go for a drive with a bit of a newby to show me some tricks and tips!!

Cheers in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalo View Post
    Glasshouse does indeed have a lot to offer.

You can go anywhere in forestry, as long as there's no signage saying keep out (which means they are working with logging equipment there).

You can go anywhere in State forest as well.

You cannot legally go into gazetted National Park areas (although there are a lot of tracks there, and the gates are generally open or damaged).

Driving around in the pine stands can be interesting or boring, there's a lot of variation in there, and you can get lost, so take a compass... and don't go solo unless you have a winch.
    Evening all,

Having recently moved the family from Townsville to Brisbane, I am very keen to get out. If anyone would like a extra troll to have follow them, let me know.

I am on the North side of Brisbane (Warner).

Cheers

Adam
    2001 GU II - 3.0TD Auto. ARB Bullbar - Runva 11XP Winch - NADed with Boost & EGT gauges - OME 2in Lift - Manta 3in - Dual Battery - Spotties & LED Lightbar - Uniden 80ch UHF - Rear Drawers & Engel Fridge - 3/4 Steel cage Car goes vroom

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all! Just took my recently-purchased absolutely bog-standard one-previous-owner GUIII for a bit of a muck around in the Forestry at Glasshouse yesterday. I'm not an expert 4wd'er and had a carload of family, no winch, and no accompanying vehicle, but with a little bit of caution and only taking on terrain that I was comfortable with (read begginer tracks) we had a ball! The Patrol never even looked like it was going to have a problem. As SQUALO said - "Glasshouse does indeed have a lot to offer." It's a great place to go for an afternoon just outside BrisVegas and close by the Sunshine Coast.
    2004 GU III ST-L ZD30 5sp Manual
    Love that Leather

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate I've come back from FNQ, done a heap of solo and am keen to have a travel buddy! I just don't do the hardcore f*&k your truck kind of stuff