Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    not long to go im so jumpy 12hrs to go till I get my foot into this beast
    You won't regret the decision kev, we have had ours since last november and I still get a stupid grin everytime I drive it, even more so since I had the standard muffler changed for a high flow sports one, it has made it sound like it should but doesn't drone at highway speeds when towing, my missus would have screamed blue murder if it did.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregs View Post
    You won't regret the decision kev, we have had ours since last november and I still get a stupid grin everytime I drive it, even more so since I had the standard muffler changed for a high flow sports one, it has made it sound like it should but doesn't drone at highway speeds when towing, my missus would have screamed blue murder if it did.
    Ill check with you later about what type of pipe you put on dual battery and airbags first. but off for a run down the coast tomorrow and run the beast in
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin, I just walked into my local exhaust shop and asked what can be done and the bloke said just change the muffler for now and see how it goes, I asked how much and he said $240 and I asked when, he said this arvo and hey presto by that afternoon it was fitted. I did ask them for a name but they couldn't give me one so not really sure where it came from, all I know is it is a 8 x 5 high flow sports muffler, a hell of lot smaller than the old one and sounds a heap better too, and for the price I was not going to complain as I didn't really want to change the whole system costing anywhere from $800 to $3500.
    I had the airbag man HP airbags put in the rear of our st-l, suspension will happen a bit later on as I want a bit of extra clearance under the big girl.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gregs For This Useful Post:

kevin07 (21st February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of the guys over here in wa just ordered a set of extractors from the USA and is getting it fitted up with a full system, cant wait to hear that.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    one of the guys over here in wa just ordered a set of extractors from the USA and is getting it fitted up with a full system, cant wait to hear that.
    Having said that you have raised in my mind a curious thing with Nissan.

Their Petrol Engines have always been very easily tuned and/or with just a few cheaper mods will deliver BIG performance increases.
    Look at the Nissan 3 litre petty, the later Skylines and what the Patrol 4.8's will put out with just a P.C. dongle.

The Nissan Diesels on the other hand have been pretty much total poo when it comes to tweaks unless you spend huge bucks and even then you don't get the same magnitude of performance increase as the Petty's.
    The amount of work that went into "Mighty GQ" when it had it's neck wrung was phenomonal.
    It flew for a TD42 thats for sure.
    I had it detuned a tad after I got it and then Doggy wound it back even further.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post

The Nissan Diesels on the other hand have been pretty much total poo when it comes to tweaks
    I read this somewhere. Article mentioned zd30 being a renault engine, which have never been supposedly designed for tuning, what you get in the box is that ... No provisions for tuning or modifying. Too bad you get a p.o.s. in the box though.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I read this somewhere. Article mentioned zd30 being a renault engine, which have never been supposedly designed for tuning, what you get in the box is that ... No provisions for tuning or modifying. Too bad you get a p.o.s. in the box though.
    Yeah, they were a joint venture not so much a Renault engine in itself.
    Renault put them in their light commercial fleet I believe, dunno how they go tho.

But (not wanting to Jack kevs thread) Nissan make some pretty kick rrse Petty's
    The Skyline Commodore 3 litre EFI you couldn't kill with an axe, the cabby's used to get between 500 to 1 million K's
    The V8 in the supercars is detuned nearly 30% to "comply with the regs and make it fair"
    The TB42 Patrol I had never missed a beat engine wise and neither did my MQ.

If this V8 in the Patrols is as good as it's heritage, and it is shaping up to be that, then the Y62 will be a very good vehicle indeed
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Hodge (21st February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firstly not my thread I only started it its a thread for all, well I got the beast took for run down the coast and omg I am impressed. it is just kick arse on 1 occasion I put the boot in at 100 it dropped to 3rd and launched holy shit hang on and before I could lift it off I was at 140 with a nice burble cooking. but its so docile and holds the road, but its just waiting to roar. mod this motor and look out. ps guys nice to embarrass a few yotas along the way as well. kev
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin07 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (21st February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    firstly not my thread I only started it its a thread for all, well I got the beast took for run down the coast and omg I am impressed. it is just kick arse on 1 occasion I put the boot in at 100 it dropped to 3rd and launched holy shit hang on and before I could lift it off I was at 140 with a nice burble cooking. but its so docile and holds the road, but its just waiting to roar. mod this motor and look out. ps guys nice to embarrass a few yotas along the way as well. kev
    Very jealous... I saw a Y62 today and I am starting to love them

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the pics???

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

katwoman (21st February 2015)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast