Thread: Cruise Control kick back problem

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firm351 View Post
    Mines the same, as soon as it sees an incline in the distance it drops back a gear and revs its box off. I never use cruise anymore it shits me to tears.
    yep mine shits me to tears,i don't bother with it either..i wouldn't drop my car back a couple of gears and watch it hit nearly 4500rpm in an instant,don't know why they make it do this with a computer
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Quick q. What tyres are you all running??
    I'm thinking if bigger the auto already has a bit of extra strain on it. So less incline is needed for it to drop back.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Get it serviced, I have an Autron CC and it will hold 110 day in day out.
    See what happens after your service,
    out of interest what size tyres are you running and what is your fuel consumption,
    If your getting around 14/100 I would say thats normal
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Autron fly by wire cruise control and it does not do what the factory cruise seems to do. It does of course kick back on steep hills but not on small inclines (unless I am heavily loaded or towing). When I am approaching a hill I usually "help" the auto by clicking out of OD. I can't see how it is the auto's problem if it does not happen when you are driving it with cruise off. What setting is your three position A/T switch in? I usually leave mine in the middle (normal) position. Try the "Power" or "Hold" position on the same hill and see if it makes any difference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BillsGU For This Useful Post:

threedogs (5th February 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyre size has nothing to do with it, I run two sets stock and 33s and makes no difference what I'm wearing

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the autron cruise in my 03 3ltr and it's great, I reckon it must be the factory cruise control module making it kick back
    03 ST-L auto, Dawes and needle valve, provent catch can, 3' exhaust. I want more than I got

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah mine can do the same occasionally, although not on a small incline more of a short sharp hill, ie around Warragul coming back from Melbourne, there is a little hill there that always does it while the rest of them are fine, I know our car is not a CRD but Di like yours and others but it still is not an ideal Cruise control system and same thing shits me of but then also I think our torque converter is on its way out and needs looking at soon.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you tell if the torque converter on the way out? My tyres are 285/70 -17's btw. Im thinking its just the shitty nissan factory cruise. Being a truck driver I use cruise constantly...even in the cities to keep speed down but looks like the Patrol will have to be cruiseless unless on flat road!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiE_PoTaTo View Post
    How can you tell if the torque converter on the way out? My tyres are 285/70 -17's btw. Im thinking its just the shitty nissan factory cruise. Being a truck driver I use cruise constantly...even in the cities to keep speed down but looks like the Patrol will have to be cruiseless unless on flat road!
    Release of throttle and then re apply (corners at giveway signs, round abouts, cruising at 80 ect) and engine revs slightly before transmission re engages (sometimes it does sometimes it does not do itand is inconsistent in doing it, its less often on mine than more atm), coupled with slight vibration when applying throttle but only when transmission is engaged, topped with 230 tho /k's on vehicle it seems a likely possibility but open to suggestions. All oils are new and correct levels including new filter/strainer and pan removed and cleaned, was doing it before all that was done as well, not overly worried about it atm but will be on the to do list and check at some stage.
    Last edited by SG1; 5th February 2015 at 08:32 PM.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12