Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03 Y61 TB48 Throttle Body issues / part number and couple of questions

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ]Hi threedogs not yet I think I will but am wanting it sorted or at least the sensors replaced to eliminate them fairly soon.

I have been out playing with it again and /#€k me it looks like the sensors have been plugged in backwards found a post on another forum stating that the rear sensor bank 2 should be the wiring loom with a green and yellow stripe and the front the loom with blue and red stripe and mine were the other way around. Sensors are now showing some erratic measurements on petrol but still shows constant voltage on bank 2 so that sensor must be dud. Strange as swapping them over appears to have fixed this lagg/stumbling/surging issue when on petrol (only drove around the block).

Can anyone confirm the colour coding on the engine side of the wiring looms to the first and rear sensor ?

Have the battery disconnected at the moment will connect it back all up in a bit and have a look at the readings and go for a drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crud just re-reading my post and sensor 2 cant be dud as the looms are swapped over duh... makes it even more confusing as to what's going on..

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I can confirm running on Petrol is now better than it ever has been with the looms swapped over, before the Petrol was extremely rough on idle and have terrible lagg on accl until the sudden surge when I gave it more boot during the experienced "lagg" and now it is almost as smooth as on the lpg... as mentioned the readings on the sensors are now way out of whack:

Bank 1 before loom swap(I'm guessing this was on LPG as was taken a while ago)
    before swap bank 1.png
    Bank 2 before loom swap (I'm guessing this was on LPG as was taken a while ago)
    before swap bank 2.png

and now after swapping the looms over :
    Bank 1 Petrol
    after swap bank 1 petrol.png
    Bank 2 Petrol
    after swap bank 2 petrol.png
    after swapping the looms over :
    Bank 1 LPG
    after swap bank 1 lpg.png
    Bank 2 LPG
    after swap bank 2 lpg.png

Am I having too much trust in Car Gauge pro and the Bluetooth adapter (have tested on two different adapters) or should I be putting a new battery into my multimeter to bring it back to life and go old school?

I do seem to have conflicting info going on here, as per previous post's the comment off another forum explains bank 2 should be the loom with the green wire and bank 1 should be the blue well my LPG processor is wired into the loom with the blue wire this would mean its wired to the bank 1 loom... the conflicting info is as pic's show above running on LPG the bank 2 shows constant voltage with the scan tool before and after the loom swap and the LPG processor's led's are showing that its running permanently rich i must note this has not changed before or after the loom swap and i didn't physically change the lpg wiring it is is still in the same blue wire loom just plugged into the other sensor) if the statement with wire coding for bank 1 + 2 is correct why would the constant voltage be showing on bank two? i would expect to see the constant voltage on bank 1 like the LPG processor's led's are showing this would lead me to believe that the constantly lit LED on the lpg processor is not reflecting the sensors reading and this is an indicator for something else rather than the actual rich or lean voltage reading from the sensor or that the color coding for the bank one and bank two is the other way around and for some reason the car runs better on petrol with the bank one and bank two sensors backwards?

After typing all this out I found the instructions on the LPG processor once again this time on the pc and had a better look and there appears to be a few reasons why the rich light is permanently on however as far as i know other than the black wire being wired to the body before I just moved it I can't see that any of the other reasons why would be correct as it would mean it was installed incorrectly from the get go? maybe the LPG processor has shat it? hope it hasn't. https://www.gore-research.com.au/pdf...structions.pdf

Any input is appreciated guys especially if you can confirm the color coding on the looms for bank 1 and 2 and just so I have it correct the sensor closest to the fire wall is bank 2 and the sensor closest to the radiator is bank 1 or if I'm totally stuffing this up and need to start from scratch!

Cheers!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, just had a look at mine.

bank 2 (closet to firewall) connects to the connector with the green/yellow wire.
    bank 1 (closet to radiator) connects to the connector with the blue/ red wire.

hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloggsy For This Useful Post:

StavTB48 (2nd March 2015)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloggsy View Post

bank 2 (closet to firewall) connects to the connector with the green/yellow wire.

hope this helps.
    Thanks mate this confirms that my looms where plugged in backwards, not good considering Ive been driving the car everyday racking the k's up like it since I purchased the car... wonder if this could have shortened the life of the sensors or even worse what else this could have done.

ve had to stop playing with it today will have to get back onto it tomorrow. Do appreciate it a lot!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StavTB48 For This Useful Post:

Bloggsy (2nd March 2015)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi gents, just an update on my situation... swapped out 02 sensors and she is running like a dream on petrol and as good on the lpg as it has in a while. Ended up putting NTK ones in as they where available there and then and came in a lot cheaper than Nissan... real test will be how long they last and if they don't cut it they will be going back. If I can find the time on the weekend its hitting the sand to have a workout and see how it all goes and will also reset the counter on next fill to see if the K's on a tank improves. LPG processor LED's are now flicking over from rich to lean while holding revs unlike before however still holding the rich led at idle so a tune is called for. Next on the scope is this dam engine noise... going to need a couple of opinions of what it is as it better not be the shims as they where supposed to be done with the valves the invoice says they where anyway. Might leave this for a new thread when i can get it recorded and uploaded on the net.

Thanks for the help gents!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standing ovation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggsy View Post

hope this helps.
    Greetings from Venezuela, it’s not a fresh thread, but it’s a pleasure for me to tell you, that, at about 1am in the morning here, I’m coming back from a test drive and finally got to know my 08 lhd y61 tb48 grx. I’ve had it for a few months and apparently I misplaced the connectors at one moment while doing contact cleaning drill and it all was hell for me for unknown reason, I’ve been digging in blogs all over until just know that came to this and immediately went downstairs and swapped connectors and unleashed the beast…
    I’ve had 06 D22 ZD30 for over 10 yrs now, and while I’m rebuilding engine on it, decided to put some of the family savings on the game and got the grx a few months ago last may. I’ve found several leads to the erratic black smoke out the tail, lack of power, high fuel consumption, but this was it! I can finally rest. It’s now time to find a fix for the fuel level meter gauges which are always reading full. I really need to fix this. Just today I went to the gas station and refueled 95lts and had only ran 300km around town. So now with the full tank I’ll take note again! Thanks a lot! I’m really happy for I take it as knowledge, I really love Nissan and will be keeping this one and also the pick up for a while. Have a great day!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RotoloDude For This Useful Post:

MB (27th July 2023), mudnut (27th July 2023)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12