Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there from a new Perth member

Hello everyone,

I signed up a while back possibly November (don't even think I even posted an introduction how rude!) however as per usual life threw some curve balls and long story short I'm back and ready to learn and input what I can on these beasts we call Patrols! *probably more learning than input but guess my to be stuff ups might help others in the long run

As in the title I'm in Perth and purchased my first Patrol last year, the car has roughly 206,000k's on the clock and was sitting somewhere around 180 when I first picked it up and I can tell you outright i have been converted! coming from a T$%#a Hilux Surf running the 3L tubo diesel and a V6 Pajero before hand I'll never look back and not just because the output of the 4.8 but just in general.

Been searching the site here and there when I have been in a pickle a couple of times and as I thought the information flowing here is and always will be priceless so keep up the good work. I was always on the T$^#^A forums with the last 4bee and no doubt you guys will just as much, make that even more helpful.

Looking forward to all the advise that without a doubt I'm going to be asking for in the future probably sooner than later too as I'm having some issues and I'm always like to get to know what I'm driving.

Cheers guys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day mate welcome aboard

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi StavTB48
    I had a V6 Paj before the Patrol, with a lift kit, Muddies and under body protection it performed surprisingly well. Haven't looked back after the Patrol though!
    Welcome to the forum, good guys and abundance of knowledge they happily share........mostly!
    Cheers mate
    2006 GUIV DX 4.2 TDI Ute, Bullbar with Warn winch, Narva round spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, 2 x Narva spotties an 80W solor panel on roof, Custom tray, 3" Redback exhaust, Bluemax 2 - EGT/Boost Oil press/Temp and dual volt gauges, Lifted, front locked and fully loaded......
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
    If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
    Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers growler2058, hardyards and megomonster, you guys are quick off the bat!

Hardyards yes I did too like to Pajero was my first 4bee a 95 NJ i do believe and it was reliable and fairly easy to work on and it did have enough power for my needs.. a quick zip in the junes down to the beach for a fish only thing it was lacking was the lift and the big boot's I did get stuck a few times in the early days in the soft stuff but I'm going to put that down to myself being extremely new to 4wding and having a lead foot at the wrong time I did however part with that one on a bad note.. had a accident on the freeway due to me being a total fwit and not concentrating... luckily no one was hurt as the back end of the Carola hatch i hit was in a sorry state I still to this day remember the feeling and silence after the bang wondering if there was anyone sitting in the back seats! quickly changed my driving habits after that one... on a lighter note I think i had a breath test like 6 times that night must surely be a record for most sober drivers! as a booze bus was like 500m to 1k down the freeway... still took them like 10 mins to finally walk down and they must have thought their machines where broke blowing 0.0000000000000000000000.

Strange tho as it was the first time i have ever seen a booze bus on that part of the freeway (in both directions about a 2k's apart guard rails and train line down the middle so no escape) and have never seen one since... the towy that rocked up said its common for accidents to happen in booze bus lines and as soon as he heard that there was one setup there he got off the couch and went to work knowing it would be a profitable night... go figure.

anyway I find my self rambling now long story short the insurance sent it to auction as a repairable write off and paid me out, I was going to buy it back at the auction to fix up but the smash repairs that quoted for the insurance seemed a bit dodgy with what they where telling me. I would probably still have it parked in the driveway as an extra set of wheels today if it didn't happen.

As for the Import Surf I liked the fact that it had all the added extras as stock and got that one from a friend that rebuilt it, had lift and the big boots long range tanks but was a bit small for my liking and seemed that I was paying to repair almost everything that my friend didn't touch haha so it had to go as I'm looking at buying a house soon and needed something more reliable.. came across the 4.8 at what I thought to be a good price and couldn't go past it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StavTB48 For This Useful Post:

Hardyards (29th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    welcome from another sandgoper..heaps of good info and advice here mate.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Gent's.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 20,762 Times in 8,580 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast