Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Runva 11Xp Install to Genuine Nissan Bar

Hey all,

Decided to get an 11XP and picked it up today, Ive been looking at the mounting position before I install it tomorrow and have found the following issue, Ill bullet point the concerns and show some pics, Im aware of the gearbox rotation so no need to worry about that when you see the pics.

I am aware the 11XP will mount straight in, as advised by Runva Cust Supp and observed threads.

It will but I have a concern regarding the Fairlead holes, they seem to be a bit higher than lets say the middle of the spool where id prefer it sat, see pic

unnamed (1).jpg

the above pic shows how low the winch spool sits from the fairlead bolt holes, as the rope spools from the bottom of the winch it would be ok if i turned it upside down, no mention of this in all my research

there is a couple of brackets above the top holes and if i use these holes id have to drill the bottom holes just below the Fairlead holes.

WINCH3.jpg

ill put up a few other pics just incase you spot something I havent but id appreciate any feedback, theres very little info on these installs in threads so ill make sure I follow up on this one with pics so others may benifit.

Cheers Dave

WINCH5.jpgwinch2.jpgWINCH7.jpg

Edit,, I just took off the smaller brackets (top left pic) from behind the bar and those holes are no good as I wont get them in from the front as the bar cross member sits in front of them, wish I had sighted that first

You can see the two silver brackets on either side coming to the bar, the bolts are just visible under the top cross member below the number plate,

from the above pic the 2 top holes on either side line up perfectly with 2 x lower holes which you cannot see, theyre under the bottom cross member, obviously the top holes i am showing for winch install should be where my fairlead bolts into, If I am correct then I can only answer my own question and say that Id need to drill 4 x new mounting holes using the fairlead holes as a centre point of my mount,(middle of spool).

just a point for others the clutch handle hits the rear of the bbar therefore if it was to be mounted as it is or even as I have suggested above I would need a spacing bracket or washers etc about 5 to 10mm, not a major but worth considering, Im going to simply rotate the gearbox so it sits on top and not to the front, which is my preference anyway.
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 31st January 2015 at 06:44 AM.