Thread: Broadwater at Nissan Patrol meetup

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TD,
    The 'sleeping' setup is very quick, like 2-3 minutes. Adding the big awning is more but we have two portable awnings plus the rooftop on Patrol. Still sorting out a couple minor issues, hope to take it out again end of week for 4 days or so.

I tows very well, too well down the bitumen and I didn't slow down much on some of our back dirt roads here coming home from meetup. I should have, sandblasted the paint off some of the suspension. Have to retreat and paint.

Here is a link to Broadwater and Mark setting one up. It's pretty accurate. The video is on the bottom right.
    http://www.broadwatercampers.com.au/folding_camper.php
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

threedogs (3rd February 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    does it have the same track as the Patrol I need to put 1" spacers
    on my camper to be the same as the Patrol, but not too bad AII.
    You get a lot for your $$$ very nice indeed, but I said that lol
    Just looking at the pics, maybe some extra rubber matting[Truck mud flaps]
    under the stone guard for extra protection,
    or extend the ones on the Patrol some how
    Last edited by threedogs; 3rd February 2015 at 11:13 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    does it have the same track as the Patrol I need to put 1" spacers
    on my camper to be the same as the Patrol, but not too bad AII.
    Just looking at the pics, maybe some extra rubber matting[Truck mud flaps]
    under the stone guard for extra protection,
    or extend the ones on the Patrol some how
    ROFL.. I'll show you what I ordered Sunday night when the package gets here (No thanks to the stupid, elementary software ebay builds and uses).

Track, yes it's about 100 mm narrower than the 'trol.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my 'surprise' package went to QLD because Ebay doesn't know a sh#t what "PRIMARY" means so maybe next week TD I'll get to show you.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few more steps forward

Australia.Day 020.JPGAustralia.Day 022.JPG

Ally frame for forward box. Floor will be put in and thinking about a slide at least for one side.

Australia.Day 025.JPG

200 watt PV panel, low so we can stop and not take the panel off the 'top' before setting up.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, been OS for 2 months so I got back into working on the front ally storage box. I practiced a bit of my TIG'ing before starting but bugger if I didn't make a mess out of one of the weather seal corners. Hauling it in to mates place tomorrow to get a little advice and get him moving on the rear mod.
    Lots to do before trip.

Anyway, here is the box with sheeting and weather lips sitting on the CT...

021.JPG022.JPG

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

threedogs (29th May 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost finished with 9 days to go...
    004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg

Solar panels (one rigid, one flexible) go on the top of the front box which was built low enough so that we could stop overnight and not move the PV from being secured. I'll add a few more pics tomorrow.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

threedogs (29th May 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, all loaded up and went to local tip to get trailer weight... that was interesting. Talked with another person Tuesday who understood how to subtract and was okay weighing the combined rig and then just the Patrol (Combined - Patrol == CT) ....
    Guy today looked at me if I was spewing out some abstract physics hypothesis. Nope couldn't do that way... run the CT up on the scale and just drop the jockey wheel and take the weight off the hitch, problem is it's a Tregg hitch. Not real happy, don't think the hitch was right when he gave me the weight and then it only was only two decimals.

1.7tn... when I had it weighted for blue slip, tare was 1184, 1.2 so 500 kg's of weight. Water is 100kg, recovery gear, 100kg+ so that leaves 300 in tent poles, awning, food/frig and the 'front box' ..

Ran it down the Princess Hwy.. seems fine.. Tomorrow we'll see. I think the 'trol is what is close to max..

Looking forward to 16g on Monday

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting excited yet?
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollofish View Post
    Getting excited yet?
    Yes and now on the road... Starting a new thread "Das Trip"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12