Thread: Broadwater at Nissan Patrol meetup

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broadwater at Nissan Patrol meetup

Couple issues, water source tap for slide out kitchen is located in the wrong place.
    Left rear leveler snapped off while trying to level it out. Phone call to be made Tuesday.

407.JPG
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

Stropp (26th January 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had a camper that didn't have a couple of small issues, hope you get sorted mate.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went into the purchase of the BW with a pretty good understanding somethings were going to be in need of an upgrade and of course my need have some developmental projects. The leveling jack wasn't something I expected to break on the first go though, oh well, we slept like rocks anyway (even with the folks who were having a great late night around the campfire/gazebo's). The rust on the eye's of the gas strut is an annoyance, have to get the lanocote out. The water sink source is really a PITA because you can't get a good drain on the sink since the access door can't swing further down. Need to find the right fitting and move it around to the back.

My Wednesday AM forward platform prototype will work from a weight perspective, with fuel 169kg, the water will go to the rear, those plastic cargo boxes weight about 10 kg each and I'll frame the finished box up in ally with deflector reducing the weight a bit.

2015PatrolMeetup 006.JPG

Looks kind of gypsy-ish but I was tired and so put the cross straps across the front versus rolling them up properly. On the way down the one 50mm center strap worked fine.

List from two quick outings;
    240 vac input and output (grid and inverter) inside and at kitchen
    More 12vdc outlet plugs (6mm and 4mm wire)
    Permanent exterior Anderson plug for solar input and one more on L side for secondary frig
    Ally poles to replace some of the non-heavy duty load bearing awing poles, the poles themselves must weigh 30kgs
    Steps need a lock
    Extra water rack on back with small ally box for chem toilet
    Lightweight poles for window coverings, right not they are gal, heavy and would rub the coating off the side.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    looking good great area in front of everything there for a 6" piece of PVC to hold some Poles.
    Still looks very front heavy to me,lol
    Do you have plenty of LED lighting?
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LED lights, inside, blindingly so.. strips up and down the forward and rear canopy supports. I'm on fleabay now looking for 12vdc dimmers.
    Next time I have it up I'll take some night shots.

I was/am concerned about the tongue weight too, hence why I keep weighting it. The awning poles go in right above the access hatch in front of the tub, so they are close to the axle. I'll see how much room there will be in the rear for a pole carrier although I don't know how the existing space would be used. Guess one could tear out the shelf and make bigger draws.. interesting.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'll put a pic here of what iI use ,I've done it this way so
    I can use on any LED light I have, be it awning or general camp lighting.
    The other module is a PIR so when you walk out at night say a light will come on for you.
    I've found it very handy,plus I can move both to any light I want
    I've also remote dimmers but like this one best
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 26th January 2015 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

HuskyInAuz (27th January 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice set up Husky has and I was impressed with it... a few niggly things but nothing major but it seems every camper i have seen has the odd thing here and there that needs sorting, usually nothing major.

I know if Husky decided it needed to be donated to a nice home it would be much appreciated here...Lol !!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

HuskyInAuz (27th January 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link with a gallery with the good and bad along with additions/modifications. Couple of issues but Mark responds quickly so good support.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...98924006433025

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I nearly brought a blank trailer from SUGAR GLIDER that had that suspension set up.
    Must tow like a dream? Weber Q's are good value too. great set up.
    I see now how it works at a caravan park you just reverse to the end of the slab and thats it
    easy peasy
    Last edited by threedogs; 3rd February 2015 at 11:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast