The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colb62 View Post
    I did say that I had talked to you, Mudski, about it and that it was highly recommended when we had first bought it but he stuck to his guns and said it was too late. Anyway, I will be in touch later to get the NADS setup. I would have ordered it now so we could do it and the alternator all at one time but I just had to replace the battery in the falcon, I need new tyres and the bank balance is a bit low after Christmas. Not having much luck with our cars these days.
    Yeah we did chat. I would ignore what you were told. Unless your motor is on its way out then it's a different story. When ever your ready mate, just let me know. We'll sort out what you need and get you going bud. That thing called funds is a real pain too. Way over rated it is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

colb62 (22nd January 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Those mechanics are either real old school and have never worked on a motor with an egr, or they are still wet behind the ears in the trade and are only saying that, because they heard someone else say it. If a mechanic said to me an egr block does nothing I would laugh in their face and walk off.
    To be fair - of all the NADS mods - this bit is not really legal. I can understand why a mechanic would be reluctant to block the EGR.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BillsGU For This Useful Post:

colb62 (3rd August 2015)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    To be fair - of all the NADS mods - this bit is not really legal. I can understand why a mechanic would be reluctant to block the EGR.
    Reluctant, I can understand too. But to say it does nothing to block the egr, is another thing...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mudski
    We have a new 2014 Titanium model patrol ( 7K on the clock ) , I wish to do what NADS I can do with out voiding the warranty what do you suggest ???
    thx in advance George

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper* View Post
    snip...
    I wish to do what NADS I can do with out voiding the warranty what do you suggest ???
    Catch Can would be about it and even taht I would get in writing from Nissan... everything else will affect warranty or is illegal or both.
    Having said that I blocked EGR on my CRD at about 90,000 K's and took the risk IE if it blew I was either up for an engine or would have had to try and get the block out before Nissan found it and make a 'false' warranty claim
    I never bothered with a Catch Can as the blow by on mine was miniscule so not worth it.
    I bought a Dawes and Needle and never fitted them because after adjusting the Turbo as described in the doc's on this site the vehicle went gangbusters

My suggestion is take the Factory extended warranty out to 6 years and just drive it.
    The ZD30 CRD is as reliable as any other manuf CRD engine and more than some, 4 pot Ford Rangers for example.

I had enough issues with ancillary stuff like SatNav, Alternator X 2, Belt Tensioners x 2, A/C Compressor, Intercooler etc that were all replaced under warranty after 3 years but before 6 years to more than pay for the extended warranty.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 22nd January 2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @ ET when you had your IC replaced did you ask for Nissan to replace it with a tig welded one??
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    @ ET when you had your IC replaced did you ask for Nissan to replace it with a tig welded one??
    Hi mate,
    Nah, I was selling it when it came off warranty so just had it changed.
    It was at approx 150,000 K's and the old one was leaking very slightly but still reasonable so did it just before warranty expired
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

threedogs (22nd January 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Those mechanics are either real old school and have never worked on a motor with an egr, or they are still wet behind the ears in the trade and are only saying that, because they heard someone else say it. If a mechanic said to me an egr block does nothing I would laugh in their face and walk off.
    I had my exhaust manifold off earlier this year (before any NADS) and it had quite a buildup of coke, less than 80k. Definitely a believer in EGR block for safety, other NADS for performance, Provent for MAF.
    What is the down-side??
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gary View Post
    I had my exhaust manifold off earlier this year (before any NADS) and it had quite a buildup of coke, less than 80k. Definitely a believer in EGR block for safety, other NADS for performance, Provent for MAF.
    What is the down-side??
    Down side is your children's children health. No EGR means increase in NOx emmisions. Rudolph Diesels gift to humanity is also its cancer.
    NOx emmisions are major polutants.

Cheers

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Evil Twin
    Thanks heaps I was wondering weather to do the extended warranty , The dealer we brought it from gives a 6year warranty with it if we service it with them ( only covers so much though ) . But they also offer a further cover of additional parts if we pay a further $900 . So I take it you say pay the extra ??
    I have a few issues with the car it is using 23.8 liters per 100km ( only 7000 km on clock ) , We are towing a 1.6 ton camper ( but still expected better ) . It is also sluggish we had loaded cattle trucks over taking us . I have booked it in this Tuesday for them to look at it . I have a Triton Dual cab that gets 14lt per 100km towing same camper .
    But very interested in the turbo adjustment you spoke about though how do I get that info . As I did want to do the EGT & Boost gages but will look into Nissan weather it will void warranty . I have asked about catch can , The local Nissan dealer said it would not void warranty but I will get that in writing before doing so .
    once again thanks for the feed back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast