Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Another TB42 to TD42 Conversion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys,

GQJETT, PM SENT... Thanks that would be fantastic, nothing like a bit of assistance from someone who has been there first hand..

So am i correct in assuming (knowing what they say about assumptions) that all the EFI system such as the Injectors MAF TPS etc. that will be come garbage, all just unplugs at the ECU and can be removed from the main harness and disgarded ?
    Thanks

Oh and my ZD30 airbox turned up yesterday too
    Last edited by Andyh; 20th February 2015 at 12:17 PM.
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Rocker Train Custom Spray Job

My Daughters Boyfriend did me a massive custom spray job on my rocker train cover, he gave it to me today. I told him that I wanted something unique with the words INSANE and a picture of a Insane Troll on it...

20150214_150322.jpg
    Last edited by Andyh; 24th February 2015 at 08:56 AM.
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andyh For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (17th February 2015), neet_wagon (14th February 2015), OAK PATROL 88 (19th May 2015), threedogs (14th February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i have decided to take a bit of a punt and maybe go for the TD05 16G 6cm turbo instead of the HT18 hi flowed thingo, I have been doing some research and the TD05 turbo was used in the standard DTS kit, its made by Mitsubishi, mine will be a kinuwaga type but still essentially a part with the Nissan part number stamped on it, hopefully this will get through VASS

So heres my point - Question, this type of turbo comes only with the V Band type exhaust flange, not the 6 bolts which i am familiar with, so what are the dump pipe options here (With Pyro) ? Any ideas please fellas ? Std 90 Deg mandrel bent 1.6mm wall steel exhaust pipe with vband welded on ??
    Last edited by Andyh; 17th February 2015 at 05:47 PM.
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can this week go any slower, I knew this would happen i'm in such anticipation of the weekend as I finally get to put my motor into the shop to be machined and have all new liners and bearings fitted that this week is dragging by so slowly, I can’t imagine what the next coming weeks are going to be like.....

On another note I had been asking my daughter’s boyfriend if I could borrow his mates engine crane over the weekend so I can load my block into the car without re-hurting my back (I have a weak lower back problem that has plagued me for the last 20 years) anyway I was pleasantly surprised last night that when I got home I went out to the garage to measure up for my new work bench when to my astonishment a brand new engine crane was sitting in my garage.
    My daughter and her boyfriend had brought me one as an early birthday present …. Wow, I am so happy, this is going to come in very handy over the coming months and it’s a tool that I have always wanted to get but never did…

Is it Saturday yet ?
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyh For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (18th February 2015), macca (18th February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh View Post
    Can this week go any slower, I knew this would happen i'm in such anticipation of the weekend as I finally get to put my motor into the shop to be machined and have all new liners and bearings fitted that this week is dragging by so slowly, I can’t imagine what the next coming weeks are going to be like.....

On another note I had been asking my daughter’s boyfriend if I could borrow his mates engine crane over the weekend so I can load my block into the car without re-hurting my back (I have a weak lower back problem that has plagued me for the last 20 years) anyway I was pleasantly surprised last night that when I got home I went out to the garage to measure up for my new work bench when to my astonishment a brand new engine crane was sitting in my garage.
    My daughter and her boyfriend had brought me one as an early birthday present …. Wow, I am so happy, this is going to come in very handy over the coming months and it’s a tool that I have always wanted to get but never did…

Is it Saturday yet ?
    Lucky you nice gift
    Cheers
    Macca

9. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Andyh (19th February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21st February - Now it really starts to happen

At last the day has arrived, I was up bright and early to deliver my motor to the machine shop, on Saturday.

I got home from work Friday night and loaded the engine block, Crankshaft, Camshaft, flywheel, Harmonic Balancer & Cylinder head into the back of the car and Saturday morning, drove it to the the engine machinist so he can work his magic. I asked the machinist if he would mind taking some photos of the work in progress for the diary and he told me he would be more than happy to do this as its something they do to keep their clients up to date with progress anyway. Stoked, so as things begin to happen, I will post them up.

Here is a list of things that will be done over the next 7 – 10 days hopefully.

x6.00 SET TO LINER JIG AND PRESS OUT SLEEVES
    x6.00 REFIT NEW CYLINDER SLEEVES
    x6.00 FINAL HONE FINISH LINERS
    x6.00 FINISH BORE AND HONE PRESSED IN LINERS
    x1.00 MACHINE DECK BLOCK FACE LINER PROTRUSIONS
    x1.00 CRANK CHECK STRAIGHTNESS/GRIND,
    x1.00 BALANCE CRANK/BOB CALCS/PISTONS/RODS/ PISTON RINGS/BEARINGS/FLYWHEEL/BALANCED
    x1.00 FLYWHEEL MACHINE PRE BALANCE
    x1.00 REMOVE CAM BEARINGS/REFIT NEW CAM BEARINGS
    x1.00 FULL RECO CYLINDER HEAD

Drop off motor.jpg

Im just waiting on a phone call so i know what size bearings i need in my rebuild kit, i should get this call in the next 2 - 3 days, i will then run down to EA to grab my kit and drop off the pistons, liners and all the other bits the machinist needs.. The rest i will bring home for the rebuilding process.

Im now that excited that a little bit of wee nearly came out
    Last edited by Andyh; 24th February 2015 at 08:57 AM.
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyh For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (23rd February 2015), OAK PATROL 88 (19th May 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread and write up mate. Very interested to see how this all comes out. Good luck with the rebuild and conversion sounds like a great project.

Owner of 1984 SD33T MK Patrol
    Owner of 1989 TD42 GQ Patrol
    Previous Owner of a 1988 TB42 DA Maverick
    ------------------------------------------------------
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

Andyh (23rd February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard from the engine machinist, he has told me what size bearings I need and I have just ordered my kit from Engines Australia. I am having the kit delivered direct to the machinist, however there are one or two parts in the kit that have to be ordered, (Finished liners & con rods) so unfortunately I have to wait til next Monday / Tuesday 2nd or 3rd of March for them to be shipped in order to be able to complete the kit.

The Machinist said he has already machined the flywheel and has started to grind the crank, he said it was in good condition.
    The block is in the hot dip at the moment and once that’s complete he will start to press out the old liners. He needs my flywheel bolts too, doh, I didn’t think and didn’t put them in the parts I gave to him … I will have to drop them into him at some point next week.
    He has some photos which he is going to email me, i will post them up as soon as i see them...
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh View Post
    Just heard from the engine machinist, he has told me what size bearings I need and I have just ordered my kit from Engines Australia. I am having the kit delivered direct to the machinist, however there are one or two parts in the kit that have to be ordered, (Finished liners & con rods) so unfortunately I have to wait til next Monday / Tuesday 2nd or 3rd of March for them to be shipped in order to be able to complete the kit.

The Machinist said he has already machined the flywheel and has started to grind the crank, he said it was in good condition.
    The block is in the hot dip at the moment and once that’s complete he will start to press out the old liners. He needs my flywheel bolts too, doh, I didn’t think and didn’t put them in the parts I gave to him … I will have to drop them into him at some point next week.
    He has some photos which he is going to email me, i will post them up as soon as i see them...
    It will come together... its hard to be patient I know!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Andyh (23rd February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some shots of the crank on the jig being measured up and some before and after shots of the flywheel ..

Delivery and inspection report (2).JPGDelivery and inspection report (11).JPGDelivery and inspection report (9).JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andyh For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (23rd February 2015), Majestic (23rd February 2015), mudnut (17th March 2015), Rossco (23rd February 2015)

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast