OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of fitted snorkel to GU patrol?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TJM quoted me $460 to supply and fit the Airtec snorkel (made by TJM and the same as the Nissan Factory one) for mine ..... got them down on the price as we are also getting other work done too.
    Hope that gives you a good idea
    2006 GU ST 3.0td manual. CTEK 250S Dual Battery - Ironman 65L Ice Cube - Pioneer AVH-3600DAB - Tough Dog Adj 45mm Shocks, springs and HD steering damper - Airtec Snorkel - King Brown 3" exhaust

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARB quoted me 400 or 450 for a safari snorkel including fitting

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced the gq' s snorkel cost me $330 for a safari, don't think you can go past the safari, when I rolled the bronco the weight of the car was on the snorkel and didn't damage it, it's got one off a GU.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed my safari snorkel on my last Patrol (2001). Had never done one before and found it quite easy to do, the templates they supply in the kit make it pretty fool proof. I didn't have the correct size hole saw which would have made it a lot easier but a good quality one would have cost about as much as ARB wanted to install the snorkel for me.

I used a small drill bit and drilled a lot of holes to cut out the circle needed, time consuming and tedious but not hard.

A decent operator should be able to do it pretty easily. From memory with the safari snorkel where it passes into the engine bay through the guard and attaches near the air filter box it is essentially glued with sealant. This really needs to be of good quality and the surfaces should be prepared properly to ensure the sealant can do its job well. Also want to make sure that any holes drilled in the body work are sealed against rust as well. These things are hard to tell if done right by the installer so I would pick their brains about what they plan to do and if they sound like they know what they are on about then should be OK. Sikaflex seems to be the preferred brand of sealant for the job

Cheers
    Supa

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Supa For This Useful Post:

jay see (27th January 2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12