Thread: TD42 GQ Patrol Clutch Hose

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TD42 GQ Patrol Clutch Hose

Righteo folks, long story short, the clutch hose has sprung a leak. Became an absolute bitch trying to select any gears and found the master clutch reservoir empty.

The leak is where the brackets holds the hose just above the passenger chassis rail and at this stage only when the clutch pedal is depressed.

At the end of the clutch hose is a metal block (not slave cylinder end), and from that block 2 metal pipes/tubes are bolted into it. one goes off along the bulkhead to the, the other goes to a bleeder nipple which sits right next to my fuel filter. So it would appear tha my system has 2 bleeder nipples, this one and another at the slave cylinder.

So in order to get home, got some DOT3 brake fluid and proceeded to refill and bleed the system using the bleeder screw above (was too much work getting under the car)

So now I'm looking for a bit of assistance with what is the correct clutch hose to get, apparently there's possibly a few different sorts.

Road runner have this one http://www.roadrunneroffroad.com.au/...g-Braided.html,
    which apparently is to replace replace this with a steel damper line with a coil in it (kind of looks similar to my steel line but mine doesn't have a coil)

ATOC have this one http://www.atocauto.com.au/proddetai...5_01J10&cat=20, which only has one inlet so negating the need for the extra bleed screw. Which probably means only being able to bleed the system from the slave cylinder end under the car.

Patrolapart has this one http://www.patrolapart.com.au/produc...utch-hose-td42 and this one http://www.patrolapart.com.au/produc...hose-tb42-td42

Yeah and now I'm confused.................... help please, I'm not sure how long the current clutch hose will hold out for.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found roadrunner to be a good company with good products.

I am not sure what is right for you but not to sure that is matters as I have a tb42e on my TD.

Maybe someone will get all scientific with an answer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    I have found roadrunner to be a good company with good products.

I am not sure what is right for you but not to sure that is matters as I have a tb42e on my TD.

Maybe someone will get all scientific with an answer.
    could well be the same..... do you have the bleed screw in the engine bay like mine, or is your bleed just on the slave?

No point in checking my TB42E coz that's an auto

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clunk,

Any of them will work, but as you already mentioned, it is easier to remove air from the top bleed nipple and the air will try to naturally work its way upwards.

I would grab the Roadrunner one, and worst case would be that you use the old upper bleeder line on the new hose .... best case is that it all just fits up nicely
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygu View Post
    Clunk,

Any of them will work, but as you already mentioned, it is easier to remove air from the top bleed nipple and the air will try to naturally work its way upwards.

I would grab the Roadrunner one, and worst case would be that you use the old upper bleeder line on the new hose .... best case is that it all just fits up nicely

yeah cheers Mic, just going to grab one from Nissan down the road from where I work on Monday, not sure how long this hose will hold out for.