Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygu View Post
    Do you have the Ultagauge P4trol?

Mic
    Yes and no, Mic...

I've purchased one, and it's in the post. However I've a 2.8, and it won't work on this... It's for a different vehicle.

The other option is the elm327 (about $16) Bluetooth dongle from ebay, then use an app (plenty available for Android.)

I've been playing around with this at the moment. The only trouble is the Bluetooth takes its toll on phone battery - communications must be busy Bluetooth wise.

The ultra/scan gauge use power coming out of the obd2 port to power it. A bit of Velcro sticky on the back, and away you go.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at getting one so was going to ask you questions about what works and what it lacks ..... now I'll just have to offer to buy it off you, if you aren't going to use it.....
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. The best part is that it will plug into any modern vehicle, as it is at that stage where they are just about all obd2 compliant. So you can take it from vehicle to vehicle. Some vehicles give up more secrets than others. For me, it's a great way to be able to see what uses a lot of fuel. It surprised me to see what the people mover was achieving in terms of fuel economy at 90 (petrol auto, flat highway, cruise on). The fuel is sucked during the higher RPM when accelerating.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys

Thought I would add to this thread, I bought an EDS a few weeks back and the TRIP information does not work with my 2012 Patrol....simply comes up as 'not supported'..
    so I sent it back and they sent me another one.....same problem......'not supported' for any trip information that includes all mileage readings.

So.....I did a bit of searching on the internet and discovered that it is a rebadged Turbogauge IV, available on ebay for about $60-70......junk out of China.

I am still in the process of finding out if I will get my money back....will be interesting as it was part of a package. I will admit I should have known better and just bought a scangauge but Berrima Diesel endorsed them and made it sound like they had some involvement in developing them......not the case!

I am curious if anyone else has had the same problem?....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfish72 View Post
    Hi Guys

Thought I would add to this thread, I bought an EDS a few weeks back and the TRIP information does not work with my 2012 Patrol....simply comes up as 'not supported'..
    so I sent it back and they sent me another one.....same problem......'not supported' for any trip information that includes all mileage readings.

So.....I did a bit of searching on the internet and discovered that it is a rebadged Turbogauge IV, available on ebay for about $60-70......junk out of China.

I am still in the process of finding out if I will get my money back....will be interesting as it was part of a package. I will admit I should have known better and just bought a scangauge but Berrima Diesel endorsed them and made it sound like they had some involvement in developing them......not the case!

I am curious if anyone else has had the same problem?....
    Interesting... I juts got one of these in a package deal as well - mine came missing the lead and a few other things from the box, so not sure if was a return item or what's going on, but not very impressed! Should have known better buying from Supacentre I guess!

I was tossing up between the two and thought the EDS would be a safe bet given that Berrima Diesel endorsed them as well... evidently not!

I'll post up when I install mine if there are any issues with TRIP information not being supported
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

bfish72 (4th August 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had the eds before the scan gauge. Nothing but trouble....
    First they sent me an awning instead of the eds ... Wow!
    Then eds finally arrived , kept turning off, sent back and the next one arrived with no cable, once cable finally arrived , the unit didn't want to read a lot of data.
    Had enough got my $ back.
    Scan gauge worked flawlesly first time out of the box.
    I tried each unit in my neighbours defender as well to prove it wasn't my patrols port as the issue. Obd port on Patrol was fine.
    This was where I drew the line with dealing with super centre ever again...
    2005 TD42TI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

bfish72 (4th August 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear I am not the only one having trouble....

This is how Berrima diesel do their research and development...scroll down to the comments at the bottom of the page;

https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wh...nner_Black_Box

amazing what you can find on the net if you look hard enough!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The screen really looks like a Scangauge display. I wonder if they are using the same display module.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfish72 View Post
    Glad to hear I am not the only one having trouble....

This is how Berrima diesel do their research and development...scroll down to the comments at the bottom of the page;

https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wh...nner_Black_Box

amazing what you can find on the net if you look hard enough!!

That is an awesome find my friend. It shows how internet can sometimes bite people in the rear... Just WoW.
    2005 TD42TI

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha

somebody in the last 24HRS has changed his title from DP Chip marketing manager to Uni NSW.......whoops they got caught out there!

I am still trying to get some joy regarding my EDS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast