User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Springs Koni front setup, Air bag Rear

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have king springs , bilstien shocks and air bags in the rear, very happy with the set up, make shure you get the right spring rate to suite your load and accessories.

I have a good idea regarding this and have been looking at the bilsiens too. Was on my ask list when purchasing. Thanks. What bag did you go.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks happygu. Thought i read previously this is achievable. Thinkin Mickey Ts Atz.s. off subject slightly but will they fit no probs on my 17" rims

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koni's head office is in Vermont Melbourne if that helps, where they do supply and install .... try progressive rate coils in the rear for a softer unladen ride

Thanks Mic. I didnt know that so thats a bonus for sure. Progressive rate noted. Great info Cheers Dave

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the Koni 88 series shocks all around. They are a soft shock, almost a luxury feel, but very soft on the rebound. I recently had them adjusted up slightly firmer at Fulcrum's after a lot of mucking around to get it to a better feel for what I wanted. While mucking around doing this, I drove the owners Patrol that was fitted with Bilstein's. They were also excellent, and just that bit firmer again. Build quality on both appears similar and both could be fully re-built if needed.

Since adjusting mine up a little I am a lot happier with the ride.

Also have airbags in the rear for ride height.

My 2c only....
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

Smoothrun (13th April 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the firestone bags, I did a 5500km trip through the Simpson Desert and surrounding area in September with this set up, and some 4 wheeling in the hills near home, and they have been great.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

Smoothrun (13th April 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since adjusting mine up a little I am a lot happier with the ride. Thanks for that. Are they a matter of a turn at a time or more or less for adjustment.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run King 2" lifted HD fronts, and 300kg const load in rear with koni 82 series shocks and Airbags. Front has Bullbar/winch, rear has gas tank. Use for towing 2-2.5t boat, works well. Comfortable. Not sure if the bags are actually required with the correct rear spring selection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12