Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    How much would a dyno and tune cost ball park figure ? And is there much reason to get this done before any modifications on the CRD i.e.exhaust chip etc
    I don't think you can really tune a CRD much by default, at least to my knowledge. I know Mark from JPC spoke to me about tuning the MAF. Something about a diode and voltage tinkering to better "tune" air/fuel ratios... I don't know what purpose though, I can't remember.

My chip was tuned to my car with exhaust from scratch. Brand is Unichip. Heres the dyno results below before and after. I also got them to fit up a wastegate to the turbo and tune it to that. He got much more out of it, but backed it off a little. The car was a completely different beast afterwards.

2005 TD42TI

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (8th January 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    I think $150 not 100% but there are two mobs north of Melb One is better then the other
    do all your mods then get it Dynoed then you'll get the best out of your mods
    Do you recall which place is better john? My dad took his LC105 to Turboengineering in Thomastown awhile ago and wasn't overly impressed.... They tried to turn a simple dyno and tune booking into a $3000 upgrade job
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    that was the bad one, seems he doesnt want business does that sound right grumpy kind of guy?
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turbo engineering are a bunch of pricks and have not heard one good thing about them....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

mudski (8th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I don't think you can really tune a CRD much by default, at least to my knowledge. I know Mark from JPC spoke to me about tuning the MAF. Something about a diode and voltage tinkering to better "tune" air/fuel ratios... I don't know what purpose though, I can't remember.

My chip was tuned to my car with exhaust from scratch. Brand is Unichip. Heres the dyno results below before and after. I also got them to fit up a wastegate to the turbo and tune it to that. He got much more out of it, but backed it off a little. The car was a completely different beast afterwards.
    Wow that's a massive increase,much better to drive as well i cld imagine! Do you mind if I askhow much that set up cost you? I have heard really good things about the unichips compared to other brands
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you recall which place is better john? My dad took his LC105 to Turboengineering in Thomastown awhile ago and wasn't overly impressed.... They tried to turn a simple dyno and tune booking into a $3000 upgrade job
    Ignore that place like the plague mate.
    When I got my patrol, and didn't know any better, I took it there to diagnose a "whining noise". I just went there because they are around the corner from me. The lady up the front, instantly began throwing numbers at me for turbo replacement nearing $3k... This is without even consulting their mechanics, or even listening to my car... Needless to say, I walked out thankfully.
    I'm yet to hear a positive thing about that joint. Mudskis neighbor is another awesome example, they shafted him big time fixing his D40 navara replacing fuel innjectionr parts and it ended up being a simple sensor from memory.
    JPC is down the road from them, and can have my $ any day.
    Last edited by Hodge; 8th January 2015 at 11:38 AM.
    2005 TD42TI

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (8th January 2015), Bloodyaussie (8th January 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow that's a massive increase,much better to drive as well i cld imagine! Do you mind if I askhow much that set up cost you? I have heard really good things about the unichips compared to other brands
    The blank chip, fitted and fully tuned to the car on the dyno was about $1800 from memory. That included 3-4 hours of Dyno as well. This isn't bad considering some off the shelf generic tuned chips are $1500-ish.
    It definitely gave the car more down low grunt.
    2005 TD42TI

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They quoted a mate up the street here Upwards of $6000 to rebuild an engine for an over heating issue.... new thermostat and a radiator flush and the car has not missed a beat.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Hodge (8th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    that was the bad one, seems he doesnt want business does that sound right grumpy kind of guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Turbo engineering are a bunch of pricks and have not heard one good thing about them....
    Yep sounds about right on both accounts...I think the only reason why he went there was because of advertising in 4wd action mag and not knowing any others

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (8th January 2015)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    only reason why he went there was because of advertising in 4wd action mag and not knowing any others
    Another reason why I visited them first!!! Bad move...
    2005 TD42TI

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast