Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fuel consumption on 2014 Y61 ST Patrol 3.0 TD

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I go from full to half tank and then when the light comes on .
    I think half tank its 340ish and 600 when the light comes on
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly the same thing happened to my friend's 3L CRD in the Vic High Country last year. We couldn't identify the source at the time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Toukie,
    gotta go with the evil one.
    Your K's/l are not good.
    My numbers over about 9 years of a crd3.0 average 8.0 or better. I don't like turbos, much prefer the low rev grunt of the old 4.2 but my results now are close to 8.0 and better rather than the 6.0.you're getting. Don't rev the guts out of it as although it'll go like the clappers, it'll suck like crazy. I reckon about 500 to 1000 RPM more than a non turbo is optimal between gear changes and that is about say 2750 or even maybe 3000.
    Assuming your 'new' Patrol is a new one, I'd be keeping your consumption records (for the rest of your life) and working through what appears to be a clear problem with the dealer.
    All the best,
    Col.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm suffering from pretty heavy fuel consumption figures in my new 2016 GU Y61. The best I have gotten is 17.3lph, the worst is 18lph. Mostly standard suburban driving with the odd highway run thrown in. I've only measured it over 4 tankfuls so far. My ODO is out by 7.3% with the 33" Mickey T's on, so I've accounted for this when working out litres consumed vs kilometre travelled.
    Vehicle weighs 2600kg and is fitted with a Roofrack and Bar, to contrast this, my Pajero is heavier at 2850kg, and also has a roof rack, I average around 12-13lph mixed driving with it and the same type of tyres but in 32", so the Patrol is using substantially more. Is this normal? I was expecting maybe 14-15lph, but not 17lph+. I am not driving like a hoon but I don't baby it either, and sit on the 110 speed limit on the hwy. I'm not chasing uber fuel economy, but this is pretty thirsty for a 3.0 litre diesel I think.
    Last edited by stevemc181; 26th March 2017 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What tread pattern and tyre pressures are you running around town.
    When was the last time you serviced the MAF and air filter.
    17 does sound a tad high, I get 15/100 towing......

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I'm suffering from pretty heavy fuel consumption figures in My new 2016 GU Y61. The best I have gotten is 17.3lph, the worst is 18lph. Mostly standard suburban driving with the odd highway run thrown in. I've only measured it over 4 tankfuls so far. My ODO is out by 7.3% with the 33" Mickey T's on, so I've accounted for this when working out litres consumed vs kilometre travelled.
    Vehicle weighs 2600kg and is fitted with a Roofrack and Bar, to contrast this, my Pajero is heavier at 2850kg, and also has a roof rack, I average around 12-13lph mixed driving with it and the same type of tyres but in 32", so the Patrol is using substantially more. Is this normal? I was expecting maybe 14-15lph, but not 17lph+. I am not driving like a hoon but I don't baby it either, and sit on the 110 speed limit on the hwy. I'm not chasing uber fuel economy, but this is pretty thirsty for a 3.0 litre diesel I think.
    Seems a tad excessive...
    For what it's worth Steve. I had a 2009 CRD. 33" Mickey T. P3's on steel rims (identical to what I have on my 4.2 now). Roof rack. Bull bar. Winch. Usual mods. 2.75" exhaust system. I had a Uni chip dyno tuned to the car and I was getting 13-15" with a ton of power under foot. I ran up to the high country a lot fully loaded with camping gear and was still getting around 15-16 for those drives...
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    What tread pattern and tyre pressures are you running around town.
    When was the last time you serviced the MAF and air filter.
    17 does sound a tad high, I get 15/100 towing......
    I run 40psi in Mickey T P3 ATZ, Haven't had any servicing apart form the initial 1000km service, I've only done a tad over 2000kms from brand new, hasn't seen a dirt road yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Seems a tad excessive...
    For what it's worth Steve. I had a 2009 CRD. 33" Mickey T. P3's on steel rims (identical to what I have on my 4.2 now). Roof rack. Bull bar. Winch. Usual mods. 2.75" exhaust system. I had a Uni chip dyno tuned to the car and I was getting 13-15" with a ton of power under foot. I ran up to the high country a lot fully loaded with camping gear and was still getting around 15-16 for those drives...
    I've just returned this afternoon from a 200km round trip to Northam just out of Perth, and have decided I am going to exhaust and chip or tune it. Its just too much of a slug in its current form for me to enjoy any highway driving in it. Uphill overtaking lanes where I could boot the Paj fully loaded and easily overtake, I now have to sit in the traffic and am barely able to maintain a constant speed. I had heard it seems to be a bit hit and miss with the CRD's regarding fuel economy and I was expecting a bit of a power drop, but not to this extent. I'll have a chat to the Nissan Dealer, but if they are anything like Mitsubishi it will be lip service only from them.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its not run in yet, bury the pedal and give it some

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Its not run in yet, bury the pedal and give it some
    Yep, I'll give it a few thousand more km's and see if it improves. The Paj has an Infinitech ECU Tune which I'm happy with and I notice they also do a package for the CRD Patrol with 3" Exhaust and ECU Dyno Tune fitted for $2295.00. I'm heading down their way on Wednesday so will drop in and have a chat and see where negotiation gets me Regardless of the engine loosening up a bit with a few more km's, its gunna need more power I can live with heavy fuel use, but I can't live with heavy fuel use and a lack of grunt.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    Yep, I'll give it a few thousand more km's and see if it improves. The Paj has an Infinitech ECU Tune which I'm happy with and I notice they also do a package for the CRD Patrol with 3" Exhaust and ECU Dyno Tune fitted for $2295.00. I'm heading down their way on Wednesday so will drop in and have a chat and see where negotiation gets me Regardless of the engine loosening up a bit with a few more km's, its gunna need more power I can live with heavy fuel use, but I can't live with heavy fuel use and a lack of grunt.
    Go for the re-map over the chip on the CRD better bang for buck IMO

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast