Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gov't gone mad

I prob should post this in "what made me angry" but it is just so incredibly ferkin stupid that it deserves a thread of it's own.

WA has had enormous surplus budgets for 15 years.
    They have managed to blow the lot and this year will be over 1 billion dollar deficit.
    During the past few years they have jacked their Salaries and water and elec charges enormous amounts, more than any other state

So what you say? Well, to get back to surplus one of the measures is a "public sector workforce renewal policy"

Whats that? It is a policy to save 1.3 Billion Dollars solely from the Public Sector
    How? (All I can say is get a load of this)

Starting from January 1, people quitting or retiring from the public service will be replaced by workers paid 60 per cent of the departing employee's salary.

Employees replacing frontline jobs including police, nurses, child protection officers and teachers will be paid 90 per cent of the previous worker's salary.

Are they insane... do they honestly think two people, lets say Patient Carers at the Hospital, Clerks at Motor Registry, Bus Drivers, Fisheries Officers, etc etc will work side by side when one dude is getting almost double the other.
    They are already recruiting Police, Nurses etc direct from England, South Africa and other Countries because they cannot get enough 'locals' because the pay is so shithouse at current levels and now they will cut those salaries 10%.

Our pollies over here are nothing but scum, absolute brain dead oxygen theiving parasites.
    Every week one of them gets caught doing criminal shit and they cover it up.
    Our Transport Minister got shuffled last week because he forgot to tell anyone he owned 40% of the company that leased the Gov't vehicles or somesuch shit
    He took the directors of another of his companies to a Gov't trade deal with some Chinese and they sat in the same room at the same table as his portfolio staff during the "Ministerial Talks"and his company got awarded a whole heap of contracts
    The Treasurer got pissed up at a private party and crashed his Gov't Vehicle into about 1/2 a dozen parked cars, locked it up at his house and pissed off on "a leave of absence for personal reasons"
    Last edited by the evil twin; 22nd December 2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

clawrence (23rd December 2014), Clunk (22nd December 2014), Maxhead (22nd December 2014), NP99 (23rd December 2014), Rexzilla (23rd December 2014), rusty_nail (23rd December 2014), Stropp (22nd December 2014)