Thread: Gov't gone mad

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gov't gone mad

I prob should post this in "what made me angry" but it is just so incredibly ferkin stupid that it deserves a thread of it's own.

WA has had enormous surplus budgets for 15 years.
    They have managed to blow the lot and this year will be over 1 billion dollar deficit.
    During the past few years they have jacked their Salaries and water and elec charges enormous amounts, more than any other state

So what you say? Well, to get back to surplus one of the measures is a "public sector workforce renewal policy"

Whats that? It is a policy to save 1.3 Billion Dollars solely from the Public Sector
    How? (All I can say is get a load of this)

Starting from January 1, people quitting or retiring from the public service will be replaced by workers paid 60 per cent of the departing employee's salary.

Employees replacing frontline jobs including police, nurses, child protection officers and teachers will be paid 90 per cent of the previous worker's salary.

Are they insane... do they honestly think two people, lets say Patient Carers at the Hospital, Clerks at Motor Registry, Bus Drivers, Fisheries Officers, etc etc will work side by side when one dude is getting almost double the other.
    They are already recruiting Police, Nurses etc direct from England, South Africa and other Countries because they cannot get enough 'locals' because the pay is so shithouse at current levels and now they will cut those salaries 10%.

Our pollies over here are nothing but scum, absolute brain dead oxygen theiving parasites.
    Every week one of them gets caught doing criminal shit and they cover it up.
    Our Transport Minister got shuffled last week because he forgot to tell anyone he owned 40% of the company that leased the Gov't vehicles or somesuch shit
    He took the directors of another of his companies to a Gov't trade deal with some Chinese and they sat in the same room at the same table as his portfolio staff during the "Ministerial Talks"and his company got awarded a whole heap of contracts
    The Treasurer got pissed up at a private party and crashed his Gov't Vehicle into about 1/2 a dozen parked cars, locked it up at his house and pissed off on "a leave of absence for personal reasons"
    Last edited by the evil twin; 22nd December 2014 at 08:40 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

clawrence (23rd December 2014), Clunk (22nd December 2014), Maxhead (22nd December 2014), NP99 (22nd December 2014), Rexzilla (23rd December 2014), rusty_nail (23rd December 2014), Stropp (22nd December 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like WA might need more speed cameras and a lower tolerance t̶o̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ to increase road safety n stuff
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (22nd December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Politicians are the biggest gangsters in this country . They are bringing the place down to a new level.
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

NP99 (22nd December 2014)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to QLD......LOL....I know your pain.

BTW.... Hope this is not a political thread

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E.T .it's not all bad all pollies will have to do the same and have a referendum on their super , Ha Ha sorry a moment of madness .
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleased to see it wasn't just our federal pollies that pissed all the revenue from the mining boom away.......obviously taking a leaf from each others' books.......

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just government. Companies scream that they can't find qualified it staff and the government throws work visas at them left right and centre.

The truth is there can't find qualified staff at the price they want to pay.

It shits me when some sectors expect pay rises every year, I'm still earning what I was 13 years ago as foreign workers are keeping salaries down.

Note that I spend 20k+ per year on training to maintain my skill sets. I've had people try to recruit me for 60k/year less and wonder why I tell them to come back when they are serious.

There ia no shortage of qualified people in this country. There is Shortage of real training and support for local workers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agronaught For This Useful Post:

93patrol (22nd December 2014), jack (22nd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Our pollies over here are nothing but scum, absolute brain dead oxygen theiving parasites.
    Barnett showed his colours when he used cops as an ‘army’ to push his & Woodside’s agenda against his constituents up at James Price Point. Just seeing his bloated, gloating & smarmy face makes me angry.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

93patrol (22nd December 2014), Rexzilla (23rd December 2014), the evil twin (22nd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hear ya Agro... over here the Public Sector have been given below CPI pay rises (same as the Feds are doing to the Military) while the lowest the pollies have been given is 23%.... and this isn't a political thread IMHO because it doesn't matter a Rats which politician/party is involved.

Just boils down to unconscionable greed.

I think they have gone in with a huge ambit and are banking on the Public Sector Union going out and then they'll 'negotiate' a, say, 15% cut across the board for new hires and 5% for Coppers, Nurses etc.

I'm just gobsmacked that a 40% pay cut is proposed because there will obviously be a flow on to private sector as well
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they wonder why independents are on the rise at election time.....
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast