Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GU ZD30 Cranking but wont Run

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Yendor is your man here. He knows these things inside out then. I am glad and I hope it is only NATS stopping your engine from starting, as that is much much cheaper than the injector pump.
    Thanks mate. I'm new to this do I just ask him about it
    Last edited by Danjo; 23rd December 2014 at 03:03 PM.
    2001 NISSAN PATROL GUIII 3.0, 33" A/Ts, 2" EFS Elite Lift, Dual Batteries, Boost Gauge, Spotties front and rear

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    Does the red security light on top of the dash go out when you are trying to start the vehicle?
    Nah mate she doesn't and the light was hiding under the dash mat. I didn't even know it was there
    Last edited by Danjo; 23rd December 2014 at 03:29 PM.
    2001 NISSAN PATROL GUIII 3.0, 33" A/Ts, 2" EFS Elite Lift, Dual Batteries, Boost Gauge, Spotties front and rear

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the red security light is still flashing when the engine is cranking NATS hasn't been deactivated and the vehicle will not start.

The main thing that goes wrong with NATS in the ZD30 is the IMMU (unit around the key barrel that reads the key).

It is also possible to have a faulty key. Do you have a second key? Have you tried starting the vehicle with it?

I have been told that some locksmith can check a key to make sure it is sending a signal. Not sure if this is correct as I haven't asked any or if they can check if the signal is correct.

There is a reset procedure in the owner hand book incase the key signal received interference from something. I don't thing this will work for you but it's still worth trying.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    If the red security light is still flashing when the engine is cranking NATS hasn't been deactivated and the vehicle will not start.

The main thing that goes wrong with NATS in the ZD30 is the IMMU (unit around the key barrel that reads the key).

It is also possible to have a faulty key. Do you have a second key? Have you tried starting the vehicle with it?

I have been told that some locksmith can check a key to make sure it is sending a signal. Not sure if this is correct as I haven't asked any or if they can check if the signal is correct.

There is a reset procedure in the owner hand book incase the key signal received interference from something. I don't thing this will work for you but it's still worth trying.
    The security stays on the whole time, it doesn't flash at all, and it stays on when cranking,

I tried the 2nd key as well and no good

and do you know where i can get a Moaners Manual as i bought it 2nd hand from a dealership and it didn't have one

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This might have been done already. Have you disconnected the battery and left it for a couple of hours to reset everything. I'm grasping at straws here so someone may want to correct me if that not the way to go.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    This might have been done already. Have you disconnected the battery and left it for a couple of hours to reset everything. I'm grasping at straws here so someone may want to correct me if that not the way to go.
    I reset the ecu via pins 1 and 8 at the plug in the fuse box and still has the fault codes and security light still stays on

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try this.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

Stropp (23rd December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me what fault codes 1401 and 1405 mean? i get for 1401 EGR temp sensor/High EGR input and 1405 is DPFE sensor hose blocked or unplugged

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    I left it over night and still no good

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll take it that the reset procedure I posted didn't work.

It's highly unlikely that both keys failed. If it was my vehicle I would try another IMMU.

You can't bypass NATS in the ZD30 like the NATS in the TD42. The ZD30 has an engine computer, NATS communicates with the engine computer telling it if it's OK to start.

The TD42 NATS is basically an added on (like an aftermarket alarm) that can be removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast