Thread: Who knows wheel alignments?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows wheel alignments?

Hi all

I got a wheel alignment on the gq today. I changed the tie rod ends on the tie rod and thought it best to make sure that it's set right.

The thing that got my interest is that the rear diff has negative toe. The bloke said it wasn't really a big concern, but I'm curious as to what causes this? If it had camber, that is understandable. Is it possible the rear end has had some significant force applied to it? Eg a large rock or something?

Anything else of interest in the above that anyone can tell me?

Many thanks

Andy
    IMO and should be taken with a grain of salt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,, ill start off with the fact that I don't know jack about the subject.

But..... if you think about this, the rear axel is not adjustable in any way, yet the previous and final values vary, and the car would have not moved at all, so what does that tell you about how fine and reliable the accuracy of the machine is ?

The other thing to consider, is that the measurements are taken from your "wheels" not your diff/axels, and while measurements are indicative of diff alignment, they will not be a very accurate way to determine a problem with the diff housing.

Put it on a different aligner (or even the same one on a different day) and I bet you get slightly different results.

Personally id trust the guy that runs the machine, and when he says don't worry about, don't.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Parksy (19th December 2014)