Thread: Ironman tell me?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironman tell me?

Howdy fellas. Tell me why should I buy an ironman snorkel over a safari for my crd. Cmon sell it to me

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Howdy fellas. Tell me why should I buy an ironman snorkel over a safari for my crd. Cmon sell it to me
    Cos it exactly the same as a safari snorkel apart from the Iron man head.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Cos it exactly the same as a safari snorkel apart from the Iron man head.
    While I haven't seen an ironman snorkel I would like to see them side by side to see if the quality and thickness is the same.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    While I haven't seen an ironman snorkel I would like to see them side by side to see if the quality and thickness is the same.
    Not sure, a mate bought one for his Shitlux and said it's exactly the same as the Safari snorkel, so I'm only going off what he said.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Not sure, a mate bought one for his Shitlux and said it's exactly the same as the Safari snorkel, so I'm only going off what he said.
    When I was looking at them I checked a few and the quality was no where near that of the safari imho

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't. Quality isn't comparable. My mate had one, and it cracked along the inside, where the fitting would join to the air box line. We went through a deep puddle thinking he would be fine next minute engine was hydraulics. Since then he has gotten a safari, had no problems, but always checks it's sealed before a crossing.
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of price difference is there between the two?
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgm View Post
    What sort of price difference is there between the two?
    Possibly an engine

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

cgm (17th December 2014), katwoman (17th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Possibly an engine
    Ha Ha, I like that. I think it is an interesting discussion. If they are bad would have expected more stories like Punderhead's? Don't see many of those stories, although he has just given an example I guess. Maybe you're right and it's not worth the risk.

Just stuck a search in Google and could see lots of questions, but in 5 minutes of skimming, nothing obvious about issues.
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Hey Growler2058,

Sorry I've been delayed in getting back to you. I'm currently away on leave and doing a self drive tour of Southern Africa (spent the day driving the sand dunes of Namibia!). So I apologize if future responses are sporadic - internet connectivity isn't always easy to come by here!

In answer to your question, because they are a great product at a great price! Don't have any worries about the quality of the snorkel - we use materials that meet the stringent Australian standards for UV stabilisation and our own for strength and airflow. We have the highest possible manufacturing quality as we as a company are certified with ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) which extends to all our factories and offices.

I'll note our snorkels aren't a copy of a Safari, there are differences (no better or worse - just differences), though they are very similar in looks.

Situations like Punderheads are very unfortunate to hear, and if there was a manufacturing fault under warranty with the snorkel we would back it up 100% - though there are many other reasons a snorkel could crack including installation (clamp being overtightened), or mal-treatment i.e. snorkel/panel pushed in from outside causing a crack. I'm absolutely not saying this is what happened, but rather pointing out there are many ways a snorkel could fail and many aren't a result of the quality of the snorkel itself - installation especially is one of the most important parts, and this can often extend to checking all the seals of other parts of the intake including the O-ring on the airbox (on my GU the stock foam seal had well and truely ceased - I called Nizbits to send a new O-ring).

So to put it straight we offer a great product, that looks great and performs equally as well as any other quality snorkel on the market. But we offer the bonus of having them at often a lower price than our competitors ($320 plus install) and available at any of our 800+ distributors Australia wide.

Hope that helps mate! If you're doing the install yourself make sure to triple check the template against the body before drilling, and if you aren't comfortable about any part of it, feel free to call our office 1300 731 137 and ask for David Menzies (our tech manager) or even myself if it's in the new year (Matt Perkins).

If you've got any further questions please feel free to reply. I apologize in advance for my delay in replying!

Hope you guys have a great holiday period!

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ironman 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Avo (17th December 2014), BigRAWesty (17th December 2014), cgm (17th December 2014), Clunk (17th December 2014), growler2058 (17th December 2014), jack (17th December 2014), jay see (17th December 2014), katwoman (17th December 2014), MudRunnerTD (17th December 2014), Oldmate1 (17th December 2014), rusty_nail (17th December 2014), Stropp (17th December 2014), TPC (17th December 2014), Warwick89 (18th December 2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast