Thread: Pillar pods

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pillar pods

Does anyone know of a pillar pod for a single gauge to suit a GU, one that is a replacement for the original pillar ‘skin’?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No mate never seen them. I take it you want an egt gauge to go with the new exhaust?
    I would suggest to get a dual pod and add a boost gauge

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep I run a dual pillar pod with a Boost and EGT guage
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've got the dual pillar pod also, I didn't see any single ones when I was looking around for mine.
    03 ST-L auto, Dawes and needle valve, provent catch can, 3' exhaust. I want more than I got

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thinking about a boost & EGT. Also want to keep ‘clutter’ in the cab to a minimum so a combined gauge appeals. I did buy a VDO boost gauge ages ago, but really quite like the Redarc combined gauges. Cheaper to buy a single gauge too, but I I’m not keen on something stuck on top of the dash or on the steering column in front of the speedo & rev counter.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the way you think Cuppa.
    I have also been looking for a single pillar pod since I saw the Autron (now Redarc) combined EGT & Boost gauge.
    However, I have only been able to find single gauge cups that mount on the dash and some generic ones that clip on the A pillar trim, but none with the same profile as a GU A pillar.
    The search continues......
    2011 GU Patrol ST ute, 3.0L CRD

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you find one cuppa can you put up a link please
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a car that I wanted to mount gauges in, nothing available off the shelf either, so I found myself another pillar trim, some generic cups, and I made my own...
    Just an idea.
    Worked out cheaper too and looks factory, fits perfectly too.

Evo
    Cheers,

Evo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Evo For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo View Post
    I have a car that I wanted to mount gauges in, nothing available off the shelf either, so I found myself another pillar trim, some generic cups, and I made my own...
    Just an idea.
    Worked out cheaper too and looks factory, fits perfectly too.

Evo
    That definitely requires some pics & maybe even a ‘how to’ Evo.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm using .. actually thinking about a 3 pod, EGT, Boost, and direct water temp. The pillar pod doesn't seem to be as intrusive as the intercooler scoop .. USA.April.2014 173.JPG
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast