User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI to TD42 gift giving for BA.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll help to dnt no much but I am good at help with passing around tools.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Winnies-missus For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (15th December 2014), cgm (15th December 2014), MEGOMONSTER (15th December 2014), MudRunnerTD (15th December 2014), Stropp (16th December 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^ She's a Keeper ^^^^^
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th December 2014), Maxhead (15th December 2014), Stropp (16th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely in. But in the end am happy for BA to make whatever choice he wants. Take some good advice and have a think. I want to rush to support you so you know your options, but don't want to rush you in a choice. Go at your pace.

I'm up for $200, but let's see what is needed, can adjust up or down a bit based on the requirements and how much comes in.

Help is help too from my side. If for whatever reason you don't want to do the motor, happy for you to use it on anything else. Don't need to know what. That's your business. But would obviously love to see the truck on the road and a smile on your face.

Final comment, these public amounts also make me a little uncomfortable. Don't think people should have to state it outloud. Everyone is at a different stage and got different things going. For some of us now is ok to find some cash, but for others not. No one should have to feel like their name is not on the list or that they are not putting in enough. Some might want to hep instead of cash. Some might just be in that place where they'd love to but can't do either right now. Obviously somehow he needs to know how much is gonna come in?
    I'd be happy enough to get account details and drop it in already. That way you'll really know. Won't even need to know it was from me
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cgm For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (15th December 2014), Family4x4 (15th December 2014), MEGOMONSTER (15th December 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit guys.... I am not sure how to approach this or what to say.. many of you know I try to help others as much as I can but struggle a bit with people helping me (Unless its George ).

I do not even know what I am doing at this stage as we have pulled the sump off and all the main bearing are good.. but we did find a chewed out gear that is at the end of the crank that drives the oil pump and cam..

Then we found heaps or very thing tapes of steel in the bottom of the sump... lots of it?

I have not taken the timing cover off as I do not have a 42mm socket.

George was talking of finding a cheap engine but I thought it would be another can of worms? he also mentioned that machining would cost heaps if I was to rebuild this engine with new liners and pistons and so on and it would not be finished for a while as it is too close to the holidays.

I need the brains trust to get together and think for me as I seem to make all the wrong decisions this year?????????????????????????????? (is that enough question marks for you Newby??)

Oh and guys that have been calling me or texting I am sorry I have not got back to everyone but I have been flat out with work and Alexander (doctors appointment) and trying to get this sorted... thanks Matty for helping me get the donk out mate.

I am so tired....

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th December 2014), cgm (15th December 2014), Clunk (15th December 2014), Family4x4 (15th December 2014), growler2058 (15th December 2014), Irish (16th December 2014), krbrooking (15th December 2014), MEGOMONSTER (15th December 2014), mudnut (15th December 2014), mudski (15th December 2014), Stropp (16th December 2014), TPC (17th December 2014)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    O.k. Cheap engine is not gonna happen. You've been through this crap twice now. I have my turbo block here like I mentioned, it has the larger gudgeon pins, the different squirters and I would think the high volume oil pump. Maybe Nissannewby can verify more on this. If the funds don't stretch enough to get the turbo kit and larger rods, squirters and hi volume pump, I have mine here. Unless Matty thinks the Non turbo kit will do the job. I wouldn't think so but I am no expert. But the price of the non turbo kit BA listed in the other thread, I can get him a Turbo kit.
    So I am happy to lob in a couple of hunge and order the parts from Engines Australia. I just don't have the time to pick things up at the moment etc etc.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (15th December 2014), krbrooking (15th December 2014), MEGOMONSTER (15th December 2014), Stropp (16th December 2014)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Pending Jonathan's reply I want to help but without harping on I'm not in a good position of late so can only offer a pineapple.

Happy to supply the venue and labour if need be. Everyone loves my dusty carport
    You have a big shed with concrete don't you?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (15th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not make any decisions until your wife gets home . I do not want to hear about another broken or frayed marriage anytime soon . Love , trust and friendship are hard to find.
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

krbrooking (16th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yep this is not a donation. A Christmas Present I say.
    Fuckj yeag i dsYU

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (15th December 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    O.k. Cheap engine is not gonna happen. You've been through this crap twice now. I have my turbo block here like I mentioned, it has the larger gudgeon pins, the different squirters and I would think the high volume oil pump. Maybe Nissannewby can verify more on this. If the funds don't stretch enough to get the turbo kit and larger rods, squirters and hi volume pump, I have mine here. Unless Matty thinks the Non turbo kit will do the job. I wouldn't think so but I am no expert. But the price of the non turbo kit BA listed in the other thread, I can get him a Turbo kit.
    So I am happy to lob in a couple of hunge and order the parts from Engines Australia. I just don't have the time to pick things up at the moment etc etc.
    George is saying machining is going to cost me a fortune???

I have no idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    George is saying machining is going to cost me a fortune???

I have no idea.
    Yeah from my understanding it ain't cheap, previous owner if mine had the bottom end rebuilt and what not, I can't remember how much it cost and the exact work done and what caused it, but it was a few thousand

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (15th December 2014), cgm (15th December 2014)

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast