Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel

Hi all,

My intention for the Patrol I think I'm about to buy will be to use it as a daily driver, but with a removable camping set up for long distance remote area travel. I hope to set it up in a manner that will allow us to go bush for weeks, if not months at a time. Water will be the limiting factor to length of stay, just as it is with our converted bus. (2 weeks if no freshwater available). I can think of nothing better than finding an idyllic spot all to ourselves where we can set up for a week or 6, catch a few fish, walk a few walks & take a few photos & just generally kick back. When that is done, find another spot & do it all over again.
    After a 'quick' 18 months travelling around Oz in our bus we are now trying to set ourselves up for a future that includes a lot more travel,

I have less interest in 'challenging' myself on tricky & tough terrain, but maybe with a bit more 4wd experience under my belt I might succumb to the 'pleasures' of wheels in the air & the bog hole.
    4wd for us is about 'peace of mind'. To get us to places our bus wont go. To go the extra kilometre down the river or beach to that special spot, or to nick over the dune to be away from the hordes of other travellers at the free camp, or to explore that little sidetrack without worrying about getting bogged or being unable to turn around.

I dream of desert tracks, the Mitchell Plateau, Arnhemland & the Cape & all points between.

Where do you dream of getting to?

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 719 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G`day Cuppa.
    There won`t be many places you won`t be able to go with that good looking rig.
    We are doing the same sa you but we have a off road van which Iwill , [have ] taken into some pretty harsh country.
    But then we can camp up and tent it for a couple of days or may be a week or two. As you say water can be a slight problem.
    Our time spent isolated is goverened by our water supply. I have done the simpson,the canning, the Bungles. Anne Bedell and Connie Sue also the gun barrel, cape york ,the strzelecki,and to many more to mention, now we are looking to do a slow lap to take in all the bits we missed. We had planed three months in Tas but due to things beyond our control we had to cancel. Not to worry it will happen.
    All the best in your travells and keep the posts comming.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g`day Cuppa
    18 months traveling around ..................piccies mate we luv piccies

so where are they hahahaha
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want piccies I got more piccies than you can poke a stick at! :-)
    I kept a regular blog for the entire trip, others tell me it's not a bad read. (To date it's had over 125,000 hits). Each entry has a link to photos at the bottom.

regards
    Cuppa
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What?? You mean you were near or in Brissy and didn't make an effort to swing by Bigrig's for a coldie??? How rude!!!! lmao

What a trip mate - envy is a word that comes to mind!!! lol