2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pasbogdan View Post
    Seen first pic and taught you need wheels.You got them Are you radio amateur?You need to be licenced also in your country?
    Regards,
    Yeah wanted new tyres since I bought her, took a long trip recently and they worked great. Very happy with them.

If I am understanding you right, you don't need a licence to install and use a UHF here. There are however certain channels that are illegal to talk one such as the Emergency Channels, Police Channel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterGQ View Post
    Nice car mate, good luck with the motor
    Thanks mate.

Owner of 1984 SD33T MK Patrol
    Owner of 1989 TD42 GQ Patrol
    Previous Owner of a 1988 TB42 DA Maverick
    ------------------------------------------------------
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while.

Back before Christmas I changed over the mud-flaps on the rear. The old ones were toast, one of the brackets were completely rusted out only with the mud flpag holding on with only a couple of screws. Not wanting to fork out nearly $100 each for genuine Nissan mud flaps I did a little DIY job and bought some cheap generics off Ebay. I made up a new left hand side bracket and using the original right one with some clean up I have some new rear flaps. I also removed the front ones but have yet to decided weather to get another set for the front or not. If I don't I'll have to trim the front flare back to make it legal.

Mudflaps_1_sm.jpg Mudflaps_2_sm.jpg

Also on the weekend I headed up to Newcastle for my Nephew's 1st birthday and spoke to my brother in law about the GQ, he has a 4.2 Petrol GQ (previously owned a GQ 4.2 Diesel, 3.3 Turbo MK Diesel and is looking at a new 4.2 Turbo GQ Diesel). He checked it out and on the 28th I am heading back down to get her up to spec. She needs new suspension (doing a 2 inch lift), all new bushes as many of them are worn out, rebuilding the hubs as they are worn out and the bearing in the rear diff is flogged out so rebuilding that as well. Also while we are at it, all new wheel bearings. Other than that she is good and will be fully mechanically sound by March ready for a trip up to the Gold Coast at Easter.

Also the wife bought me a new sticker for the window. She felt it was right for the Patrol.

stickers2a_sm.jpg

And the brother in law bought this for me for Christmas.

stickers2b_sm.jpg

I tell you want, I am running out of window space. lol

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got the last parcel for my suspension lift today. I got a set of springs (heavy duty) and the shockies the other day and AustPost decided to spit up the 3 box package and I got the last parcel today. So I am all set for my lift next weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Majestic; 18th February 2015 at 01:07 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

AB (19th February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I finally received the last parts for the Patrol, the wheel bearings so I am all set for the weekend. I am really looking forward to getting all the work done on her, Friday can't come soon enough.

I also got the last of two mirrors I ordered for the Patrol today. I saw this particular mod on another Patrol site and loved the idea. A bit pricey but defiantly worth it. The mirrors are from a Toyota Cruiser, yes they are good for something, and work extremely well on the GQ Patrol. I got the passengers side for a steal at $80 however the drivers cost me almost $170. The vision is massively improved as they sit further out from the door and are also taller giving more vision.

New mirrors compared to the old mirrors:
    Maj_Mirrors_003.png

With standard GQ mirrors:
    Maj_OldMirrors_006.png Maj_OldMirrors_005.png Maj_OldMirrors_004.png Maj_OldMirrors_003.png
    Maj_OldMirrors_002.png Maj_OldMirrors_001.png Maj_OldMirrors_007.png

With the new mirrors:
    Maj_NewMirrors_007.png Maj_NewMirrors_006.png Maj_NewMirrors_005.png Maj_NewMirrors_004.png
    Maj_NewMirrors_003.png Maj_NewMirrors_002.png Maj_NewMirrors_001.png

What I found after removing the original mirrors. Might be worth taking them off every now and then and give it a clean.
    Maj_Mirrors_004.png

After I cleaned them, that's much better.
    Maj_Mirrors_001.png Maj_Mirrors_002.png

I also after taking these photo's decided to take off the roof racks. The bolts on them were rusty and it had poor rubber and I wanted to see if they were hiding any rust. Well whoever put them on used the bolts one uses to bolt wooden sleepers together for garden beds, retaining walls etc. They were rusted so bad I snapped a few and had to cut the others with a grinder. Got them off eventually and thankfully no rust other than what I already knew was up there in the gutters. I might clean up the roof racks, get new bolts and rubber for them and either put them back up until I get my mesh roof basket rack or sell them on ebay.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

Warehouseno27 (9th March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate this is looking like it's gunna be a well setup rig. Have fun with it! After the lift what's next on the list??
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punderhead View Post
    Mate this is looking like it's gunna be a well setup rig. Have fun with it! After the lift what's next on the list??
    Thanks mate, I have to do some rust work, some cutting and welding some just sanding back and repainting. After that probably the snorkel, a decent light bar, new bullbar and winch, rear bar. I have a fair bit planned for her.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am back from my trip to Newcastle. All the work has been done. The bushes were still the originals, with the metal castings and were that flogged out that some required almost no pressure to come out, some were splitting that bad that they practically fell out.

The front end got the hubs rebuilt and new wheel bearings. We didn't end up replacing the rear wheel bearings as they were still in very good condition, clearly they had been replaced by the previous owner. The rear diff rebuild was the hardest, and it slowed us down as we had trouble getting the pinion bearing off. We spent all Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning trying to hunt a bearing splitter down with no luck. About Midday Sunday we did get it off using a hammer and chissel. After that it was smooth sailing and we got it and everything went back together. The truck looks great with the 2" suspension lift as well.

We also decided to get rid of the sway bars, I needed extensions for the rear one which I didn't have and I never used them in the first place, just another thing to go wrong. The brother-in-law does the same. So they are gone got a little bit more body roll on road but nothing to really complain about.

On the trip home she had a lot more grunt I made the 3 and 1/2 hour trip in 3 hours. So very happy with that.

The brother-in-law also scored me a new back barn door, as mine has rust in it around the window. It's white so makes it easier to paint. I'll need to find some time next week to sand it back and undercoat it ready for a repaint.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some images of her raised and some with the new springs and bushes.

image1.jpg image3.jpg image2.jpg
    image10.jpg image9.jpg image8.jpg image7.jpg
    image6.jpg image5.jpg image4.jpg image12.jpg

Next on the list, rust removable, snorkel, lightbar and a new UHF antenna. After that it will be a new bullbar (winch support) a winch, roof cage rack and a new rear bar.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    I saw this particular mod on another Patrol site and loved the idea.

Easily one of the best mods/changes I've made. Thanks for all the photo's, looks great!

ps - will copy that thread and post it on this forum - HERE.
    Last edited by Warehouseno27; 9th March 2015 at 10:02 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast