User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Majestic's TD42 89 GQ

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and what was the top end of the injector like. the bottom really only shows you the unburnt fuel in the head. they all look like that .
    Soot the pain away!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warehouseno27 View Post
    Where from, type/brand & how much? Something I am looking at replacing soon..
    So far I am extremely happy with them. They're from ebay I got them for AU $460.00 (well $475.00 as I wanted express postage so they would get here in time. Came a day or two earlier than stated).

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141558789...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quote Originally Posted by ako89 View Post
    did you notice it starts better with new injectors ?
    Yeah she does start a little easier, tbh she started pretty good before but I have noticed a slight increase in performance there as well. My glow plugs still seem to be in pretty good nick surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ako89 View Post
    and what was the top end of the injector like. the bottom really only shows you the unburnt fuel in the head. they all look like that .
    Here you go:

original injectors2.JPG

Owner of 1984 SD33T MK Patrol
    Owner of 1989 TD42 GQ Patrol
    Previous Owner of a 1988 TB42 DA Maverick
    ------------------------------------------------------
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

Warehouseno27 (24th March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's been a while since I posted here. A lot has changed. The most notable one is I moved, because I found out the woman (I use the term loosely like she is) I married was cheating on me. I caught the whore and told her where to go, so the old ball and chain is gone, which means I am happier and the truck gets more spent on her.

Before we split I got a new lightbar, seriously these things are awesome and really light up the road.

DSC_0089.png

A month back I bought and installed a new rear pan hard rod. I needed the adjustable one as the lift had pushed my rear diff out a little. I also got all new locks and ignition barrel installed. Mainly because I was sick of climbing over the seats to unlock the barn door and with the ex gone there was no need for central locking.

I also fairly recently got installed a new USB plug so no more messing around with those cig lighter adapators. It's a double one and does a fantastic job charging my phone.

DSC_0091.png

Also I got a drink holder installed, for $40 off Ebay I couldn't go wrong and with only 2 screws needed to install it, it was well worth it.

DSC_0090.png

I got the 2 main engine seals (she is leaking a fair bit), a new clutch, front tie rod ends and drag link going in very soon as well, got all the parts ready to go. After that it will be onto the rust. I can see the end in sight, and then the fun begins with the snorkel the first on the list.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks the goods man!! i must say i agree with the cup holder mod, first thing i did when i got my GQ. I opted for the aftermarket larger diameter ones though, $40 well spent.
    are you going to do the clutch yourself?
    Run Your Fingers Over My Patrol, I'll Run My Patrol Over Your Fingers!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLY View Post
    looks the goods man!! i must say i agree with the cup holder mod, first thing i did when i got my GQ. I opted for the aftermarket larger diameter ones though, $40 well spent.
    are you going to do the clutch yourself?
    Thanks mate.

Yeah we are doing the lot ourselves. Saves a lot of coin.

Got the clutch kit for $380 which is an awesome price.

We did the suspension lift, diff rebuilds, the replacement of bushes, new diesel injectors etc all ourselves as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did some odd jobs on the truck yesterday.

Filled the old clock hole up, I made a plastic cap using the clock housing as a rough guide. Lets face it, GQ's with clocks that work are pretty much a myth these days. I don't know if I'll ever use the spot/hole for something else, but for now I decided to cover it up to make it look neater and due to it annoying me. It's not perfect but it does the job for now.

DSC_0148.png DSC_0153.png

I also decided to buy a second mic for my UHF so I can take advantage of the rear mic slot. I also bought an extension lead, so now if the passenger needs to use the UHF I won't have the cord interfering with the gear stick.

DSC_0150.png DSC_0154.png

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice might have to ditch the ash tray for a cb too. and yes my clock does work :P my seat box will have usb and cig lighter sockets and cup holders when i get it finished
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garett View Post
    nice might have to ditch the ash tray for a cb too. and yes my clock does work :P my seat box will have usb and cig lighter sockets and cup holders when i get it finished
    If you do go the UHF route with the ash tray make sure you get the smallest one possible. I have the GME 3520S model, it has a separate head unit. The main unit is down near the sway bar release leaver. Considering I am not a smoker it make sense to get rid of the ash tray, that and the ex used to raid my Patrol for all the loose change that I used to store in the ash tray.

I am keeping a watch on your thread to see how this seat box goes, and your rear bar too.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after about 5 days the Patrol is back on the road. We started Friday afternoon and pulled the Patrol apart to get the flywheel off so it could be put in to be machined. Got that back on Saturday morning so the real work could begin.

She now has all new main engine seals, the old ones were stuffed. A new heavy duty clutch was also installed.
    We discovered that the handbrake shoes were stuffed, and the drum was beyond recovery so off to the wreckers we went to get a good second hand one. New shoes were also installed obviously.
    Also managed to pick up a cheap set of extractors so they went on as well.
    Full service as well as a repair to the radiator were also part of the work.

So it's all good now, she runs a lot better, she is back on the road and yesterday afternoon I gave her a complete wash.

We discovered that even with 440K on the clock she was still running the original clutch and handbrake shoes. I've started to call her a classic as it was clear the previous owners who had the truck for over 10 years never did a thing to it at all. Diesel in the tank and oil in the engine seems to be the sum of what they did to her.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is pretty much the same , oils and filters i know things like starter motors and power steering pumps were changed but no clutch or pump work not even a rocker cover gasket, in the last 20 odd years ...
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast