Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faulty interior lights

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I had the same issue and found the large barn door switch was the culprit. Some re adjustments to the catch to make the door shut tighter and was all good.
    I thought this was my issue as well, but the doors are as tight as - with no movement at all that I can detect. Also I have glued on a felt pad to the small (LH) door switch where it contacts the bottom of the sill. I STILL occasionally have the light flicker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very common fault.

Usual culprit is the adjustment of the switch on the big barn door and not the barn door play itself but can be any of the door switches.
    On my prev Trol it was the front pax door switch.

Couldn't be rrsed adjusting the switch so I cut a 20 cent piece size bit off a fridge magnet and put it on the door where the switch plunger strikes.
    Problem gone
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (7th December 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank everyone, I found the issue was the front passenger door. Nissans fix was to stick some foam pad on the door to depress the switch. That’s what you get when they hire "technicians" instead of qualified trades with some CDF.
    Anyhow just unplugged for now, interior lights go on and off as they should bar the front passenger door, that’s for another day.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Thank everyone, I found the issue was the front passenger door. Nissans fix was to stick some foam pad on the door to depress the switch. That’s what you get when they hire "technicians" instead of qualified trades with some CDF.
    Anyhow just unplugged for now, interior lights go on and off as they should bar the front passenger door, that’s for another day.
    They had obviously run out fo fridge magnets....
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if the switch is adjustable. If the door latch adjustment does not pull it in far enough then the only option would be some sort of pad (magnet / felt / rubber / whatever). The body would not have to flex much to cause the light to turn on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have my interior lights on, but the little warning light on the dash comes on when on rough ground, turning corners, etc
    it is my rear door that is currently playing this game of on/off with the door switch

thank you ET - about to steal some magnets off the fridge door to try............

with the 4 seating doors, I pulled the switch out, and placed a washer between the end of the rubber nipple and the end of the switch- inside it

that worked.......
    now for the rear door.............
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your door warning illuminates on the dash but your interior lights don't then that is an odd one.

It cannot be a door switch as the door switch supplies earth for both lights.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    If your door warning illuminates on the dash but your interior lights don't then that is an odd one.

It cannot be a door switch as the door switch supplies earth for both lights.
    I dont have my interior lights turned on - left them on once for 10 days while at work
    now I only turn them on if I want to see something at night............ should have explained that bit

sorry............
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    I dont have my interior lights turned on - left them on once for 10 days while at work
    now I only turn them on if I want to see something at night............ should have explained that bit

sorry............
    You know what, I thought about asking if you had the interior lights selected and thought, Nah, Col woulda mentioned it if he had 'em turned off... Apology accepted... tosser...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (7th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are the rubber covers on all the switches intact? I had a problem where the light would sometimes go out when the drivers door was open. Turned out to be the switch getting caught in a hole in the rubber boot.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast