Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body swap

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Body swap

Can anybody give me rough idea on wats involved in a body swap, I mean is it economical? And I know it's not just as simple taking body off and putting new 1 on I just wanted an idea of all the little important things 1 has to think about b4 deciding to take on a job like this
    Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lifting the new one on was the hardest part for me. lord of ways to lift but without damage it is a lil tricky.

I used a engine crane in the rear with chain connected to rear seat belt bolts. then block and tackle on the front 2 body mount holes. then just a jack for fine tuning as I dropped it down.

I had both cabs side by side and just swooped the whole loom across as I was using a rb30 body on a td chassis and motor.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok and wat sort of time untill u got it back on the road did it take u?, was there any other little probs u ran into along the way swapping bodies?? I'm looking at doing it with my truck that I rolled couple weeks ago, have got a new 1 exact same model and colour , that u could use for a swap. Only thing is, that my old truck was written off, but I bought it back

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it was written off was it a repairable write off? if not you can never get them back ob the road.

if it was you need to go through the viv process. they will want all receipts etc from the work you done. more than likely the old tags off the body to.

as for the swap its actually very easy. undo all body bolts disconnect what you can see like wiring, plumbing and steering. lift it a bit and see what else is hitting. I removed radiator to change looms etc. I could of finished it in a solid weekend and that included changing full loom as in complete engine loom AND dash loom along with cluster etc. also td fuel lines and vacuum lines.

if you're using same model body should be very easy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok great thanx. As for the write off they never said to me what kind of write off it was , I will ring insurance and enquire. ImageUploadedByMotorculture1417425371.029805.jpg that's her b4 tow truck came body is completely rooted the whole thing is just twisted n bent, it went over 2.5 times, as for mechanicals they are fine all except 2 broken engine mounts, I drove it out to the tar very carefully ofcourse as there was no engine mounts , but really other than body work it's fine, watever is not broken off still works fine

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ImageUploadedByMotorculture1417425619.069961.jpg this her just b4 we attempt to start to put her back on her wheels

8. The Following User Says Thank You to daz172 For This Useful Post:

AB (1st December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the donor a write off? Are you going the harder path?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My truck is write off , I bought it back tho, the new truck I have wasn't a write off, but I wanted to put the new truck shell on my rig, but u see I'm in nsw and the laws there r shit and I was told by a mate they just tightened up the laws so more Han likely won't let me put it back on road so I'll have to do some investigation n see wat I can do . Thing is the only thing that is no good on my truck is the cab everything else still working fine no problem , it would b really stupid if they wouldn't let me do a cab swap, chassis is fine , not bent cracked or anything been told that by assessor myself

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the cab you have got to put on the car just the shell or the whole car? If it's the whole car you could probably just swap all the gear over to it. Just thinking you might find it easier to get a mod. Plate for an engine swap than a mod plate for a cab swap.
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keen to hear how you progress. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast