Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2004 GU Patrol ZD30 TD

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have braided brake lines on the. GQ and rate them highly. Have had them for 10years.

To be honest though the brakes on a GU from factory are pretty good and an upgrade would be down my list. Certainly at least Bendix Extreme pads all round is a great place to start. The lines and disks could go down the list until needed.

You say you already have New tyres

My list would be something like this.
    NADS
    Front and rear Recovery Points
    Old Man Emu 2" lift
    Steal bull bar
    Runva xp11 winch
    LED light bar
    UHF
    Chip
    Fridge
    Drawers
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Crate (6th December 2014), GQBIGRIG (10th December 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fellas,

I appreciate your input of mods especially in a list of order!
    I was in the process of selling an old car I have shedded but decided to keep it. However I now have a wish list thanks to you all!

Update is, the truck is going in to Brad on friday to sort out all the fluids etc.

I was able to source from another forum a plan for the draws including the cutting measurements etc so my best mate (cabinent maker) is cutting some spare ply he had to size and we should hope for a draw install this weekend too with a fridge slide.

I have put money away from another job to source a pillar pod for the gauges. I was going to get this off fleabay and some decent gauges.

Question is, do I get the three gauge pod for putting a coolant gauge in or something later?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I have braided brake lines on the. GQ and rate them highly. Have had them for 10years.

To be honest though the brakes on a GU from factory are pretty good and an upgrade would be down my list. Certainly at least Bendix Extreme pads all round is a great place to start. The lines and disks could go down the list until needed.

You say you already have New tyres

My list would be something like this.
    NADS
    Front and rear Recovery Points
    Old Man Emu 2" lift
    Steal bull bar
    Runva xp11 winch
    LED light bar
    UHF
    Chip
    Fridge
    Drawers
    Slap a 3inch pipe just before the chip too I reckon.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi nice score, been putting my wish list together and working through it, tho I didn have 9G to throw at it.

I went,
    Intercooler upgrade(cheaper ebay welded)
    Catch Can(provent 200)
    3' Exhaust
    Gauges with twin pillar pod, EGT and Boost
    NADS
    Alloy roof rack
    Have glow plug timer(keno) but yet to do the mod

Would love more coin to throw at it and do a few other things like

2' Suspension lift, prob OME or Iron man
    33' mud tyres BFG
    Rear draws
    Fridge
    Double Din with NAV(hema) and reverse camera stereo system
    Winch, prob a dominator
    Tint windows
    Rear tail light mod

Think that's my wish list except for maybe a couple of engine(HPD) and auto transmission upgrades

But if you have some plans for the rear draws I wouldn mind checking them out as still debating on DYI or the affordable 4*4 ones if that's ok.

Congrats on your new purchase and hope it serves you well.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Rear tail light mod

Think that's my wish list except for maybe a couple of engine(HPD) and auto transmission upgrades

But if you have some plans for the rear draws I wouldn mind checking them out as still debating on DYI or the affordable 4*4 ones if that's ok.

Congrats on your new purchase and hope it serves you well.
    What is the rear tail light mod? If you just want to make them work, move it up your list because its an inexpensive and easy mod.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

SG1 (11th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    What is the rear tail light mod? If you just want to make them work, move it up your list because its an inexpensive and easy mod.
    Yes to make them work, one has a chip in it so was thinking of replacing them with the pre fitted wiring ready to go, the wish list was in no particular order and hopefully can get them working sooner than later.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Patrol A Part have them. thats where i got mine from and if you can wire a trailer plug up these are as easy. Took me about an hour all up and probably spent 45 mins of that chinwaggin with the bloke next door. LOL
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

SG1 (11th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQBIGRIG View Post
    If you guys had $9000. What would you spend it on first in a stock 4x4? Thats $9000 fitted.
    This could go anywhere, so first what do you want to use it for, weekends away and camping out of it.
    Or weekend weapon with 35" tyres and twin lockers.
    First up NADS, then chip and exhaust along with a tigged intercooler when yours starts leaking.
    A decent double din head unit with GPS, blue tooth ETC. Upgrade your speakers 6.5 will fit.
    rear wind deflector and side visors , window tint, Rassler rear bar. the list goes on and on and on and on and on
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQBIGRIG View Post
    If you guys had $9000. What would you spend it on first in a stock 4x4? Thats $9000 fitted.
    I would probably buy somthing for $100 from a 4X4 shop in brisbane and use the balance to drive over and pick it up! I'd fit the item myself.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    I would probably buy somthing for $100 from a 4X4 shop in brisbane and use the balance to drive over and pick it up! I'd fit the item myself.
    Nice idea, I'll think about that one

$650 later with all fluids dropped and replaced including fuel filter and air filter. Says its a great rig and no issues with it.

Still working on the rear drawers. All cut, will be picking up my 90kg sliders tomorrow and putting it together. Dummy up all the holes and fit the sliders prior to carpeting it incase it needs some modifications.
    Will post pictures soon

So far with the ply, sliders and carpet I've spent $300. Still deciding on what locks to use. I saved money by not using marine ply but 16mm ply for most of the construction and 20mm ply for the fridge slide. The drawer slides are not lockable (Lockable ones are about $3-400 as per the other lads build). I thought well its not likely to get 'too wet' even if I go through rivers eventually (I hope). Time will tell!

Total build cost should be well under $400.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GQBIGRIG For This Useful Post:

cgm (16th December 2014)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast