The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,296 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potsy View Post
    Maybe these variations in noise are more to do with the other things done to the rig, as stropp mentioned "no noise" but I can see he has a 4inch snorkel, I'm guessing then the air box and Inlet to turbo is upgraded. I wonder if this would make the difference. Also with the top mound there is very little pipe between the cooler and inlet, add to that the fan which I believe runs off of the radiator temp and it being sooo close to the driver could add to the noise when running.
    Also as someone who lives in adelaide I'd like to think a lot of the issues people are having are a result of the demand on cross country, I drive past quite regularly and I don't reckon I've ever seen the car park less than 110% full, I'm sure there's cars parked across the road to, hopefully it's something they can address but when they cover so much like car servicing and pre trip checks I can see why they're so swamped. To popular to quick me thinks.
    Mine has always been noisy. But is louder since the 4inch snorkel and air box upgrade. I think the higher boost levels impacts on noise levels too.
    The fan simply runs via a relay and into an ignition wire...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy with the extra noise especially coz mine goes better
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    can you guys confirm that the scoop is colour matched and did you supply the colour code at the time you ordered? Did the kit come with a template for the Bonnet cut?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the GQ cooler and the Ultimate Cooler for the GU? Other than $400? Struggling?
    Hi @MudRunnerTD
    I bought mine thru United Fuel Injection in Perth after an industry recommendation (for UFI, not CC that is) Seem to be a good bunch there - you may be able to get a few answers out of them if CC are too busy...
    My GU Ultimate kit still in box 2.5years on! Can PM u photo of contents if u want.
    Scoop is colour coded if you have a white vehicle! Pretty sure it was going to be sprayed after install for extra dollars if I didn't fit it myself. UFI informed me the kit came with a template, although they combine this with some marker tape on the sills around the engine bay, so you know where to cut bonnet. This probably means you need to fit intercooler, mark the sills with masking tape, remove cooler (so you can close bonnet fully), mark bonnet using tape guides and then remove bonnet and put the template on for "best fit" around the marks. Then break out the angle grinder (or hand over to a panel beater...). Then put it all back together! Easy as! (in theory...)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleFrosty For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (27th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (27th October 2016)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFrosty View Post
    Hi @MudRunnerTD
    I bought mine thru United Fuel Injection in Perth after an industry recommendation (for UFI, not CC that is) Seem to be a good bunch there - you may be able to get a few answers out of them if CC are too busy...
    My GU Ultimate kit still in box 2.5years on! Can PM u photo of contents if u want.
    Scoop is colour coded if you have a white vehicle! Pretty sure it was going to be sprayed after install for extra dollars if I didn't fit it myself. UFI informed me the kit came with a template, although they combine this with some marker tape on the sills around the engine bay, so you know where to cut bonnet. This probably means you need to fit intercooler, mark the sills with masking tape, remove cooler (so you can close bonnet fully), mark bonnet using tape guides and then remove bonnet and put the template on for "best fit" around the marks. Then break out the angle grinder (or hand over to a panel beater...). Then put it all back together! Easy as! (in theory...)
    how do these rate compared to the ARE? or is their a similar product ? with good service Thx

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678