Thread: Novice day Tallarook 14th December family friendly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    All this is sort of my fault as I was following the tracker from our last trip there and couldn't tel if we turned left or right. And I chose right. Track was easy till the end. Sorry didn't want it to end that way.

I did my best to make it an easy day.

Whilst this was my first trip out with everyone, I had a great day and thought in BA's absence you and everyone else stepped up and managed the large group really well! And like others said I think we all learnt a few things from that day

Definately looking forward to the next trip!
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

cgm (23rd December 2014), Hodge (23rd December 2014), MEGOMONSTER (23rd December 2014), Stropp (23rd December 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    All this is sort of my fault as I was following the tracker from our last trip there and couldn't tel if we turned left or right. And I chose right. Track was easy till the end. Sorry didn't want it to end that way.

I did my best to make it an easy day.
    You big lug...... there is no finger pointing at all just learning from experience that is all.

To lead a large group out is not easy when you do not know the terrain, this is why when I go out to test or to take out newby's I go to Tallarook as I know the place so well and little chance of that nasty surprise.

So when I am back on the road who wants to come out for a play... being I have been stuck at home for 2 weeks now, I like going driving on News Day as its quiet and I am not one to get blotto drunk anymore.. thats of course my car is ready???

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (23rd December 2014), cgm (23rd December 2014), Hodge (23rd December 2014), MEGOMONSTER (23rd December 2014), Stropp (23rd December 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post

So when I am back on the road who wants to come out for a play... being I have been stuck at home for 2 weeks now, I like going driving on News Day as its quiet and I am not one to get blotto drunk anymore.. thats of course my car is ready???
    Hell farkin' yeah.
    2005 TD42TI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Stropp (23rd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You big lug...... there is no finger pointing at all just learning from experience that is all.

To lead a large group out is not easy when you do not know the terrain, this is why when I go out to test or to take out newby's I go to Tallarook as I know the place so well and little chance of that nasty surprise.

Sounds good though on new years I'll be at Eildon
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Don't worry about it.
    I wasn't and won't. LOL

I was just saying, I made the wrong turn.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    So did anybody make it up the hill without winching?
    Yeah me, Little BigFletch (LOL), ummmmmm maybe Hodge I think.

Two others winched up.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgm View Post
    All this talk back and forth - ha ha. I want to go back and have a "not" novice day. Then we can drive wherever and get lost or stuck or winch, etc and have a ball. No issues. More than happy to follow where you're leading Mego! It was a great day.
    Yeah lets watch Mick go through shit that the rest of us might. Lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MEGOMONSTER For This Useful Post:

cgm (23rd December 2014), rusty_nail (24th December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You big lug...... there is no finger pointing at all just learning from experience that is all. To lead a large group out is not easy when you do not know the terrain, this is why when I go out to test or to take out newby's I go to Tallarook as I know the place so well and little chance of that nasty surprise. So when I am back on the road who wants to come out for a play... being I have been stuck at home for 2 weeks now, I like going driving on News Day as its quiet and I am not one to get blotto drunk anymore.. thats of course my car is ready???
    If this happens, I'll try and get away from Yarrawonga back to Tallarook.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be up in the high country for New Years, but otherwise sounds like a great plan!
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BAHH, missed this one! Been away with work. BA's Tallarook one in Apr was great (even though I had to bug out early) Living the single life this year with the fam in Canberra so keen for the next organised trip (work & home visits depending). Got myself a roof rack & recovery points now so not so much stock as a rock like last time
    2013 GU ST 3.0 CRD TD, Alloy Bar, UHF, ARB Roof Rack

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637