Thread: gq rear diff problem ?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gq rear diff problem ?

hi guys i have a 92 gq ti lwb. i have replaced all the bushes on the car but i can still feel some vibrations or bumpy ride on irregular roads.
    taking off cornering after complete stop generate a bit of grinding sound from the back diff, wich means that a bearing or something is on its way out.
    i was just thinking if that could also be responsible for the bumpy ride i have..like bumps transfered to inner diff and shaft etc.
    did you guys had the same problem cause it seems that the vibrations are transmitted through the whole car.
    i replaced every bush on this car but i can still feel the bumps.
    did you guys had the same problem cause i am about to pull everything a part. when i hd the car everything was worn out and loose
    cheers thanks for your time larry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,517 Times in 6,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check your Uni joints mate. How much lift do you have?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My GQ Ti had a grinding noise when reversing or accelerating slowly when turning. Yours sounds like the same thing as mine. I put a large bottle of engine flush into the diff (after draining some oil out). I drove it for about 800 km,s. After that I drained it, and refilled with new oil. Its perfect now.

Mark
    NT blood in QLD mud.
    I dont know nuthin' about no stolen generator.....

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi mark n mud runner. thanks for your advice guys. i bought that car few years back. its a standard 92 gq ti that i want to keep in its original condition, as thoses beasts are getting rare nowadays..i just redid all the front like panhard , tie rod ends etc..but havent done anything at the rear. at 374000 kms, i wouldnt be surprised that the uni bearings are stuffed..
    i did a trick once on a patrol. remove the tail shat, leave the front one to the diff and drive in 4 wd. you ll have a front wheel drive patrol. its good to notice if you have problems with the bachk part of the car...
    thanks for your help larry

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    found the problem guys. first like mark said, i checked the diff oil. diff was correct level but oil was a bit to liquidish to my licking. drained it and found out that the seller put some engine oil in the diff instead of the normal 80/90. greased completely the tail shaft and guess waht. no more vibrations and grinding noise !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to huardlc For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to hear mate. Always great when it's an easy fix :-)
    Hello from Under Down Under!