Thread: CTEK D250S Dual

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Well its all in and connected. I started the car up, lights came up on the ctek, the power light, the alternator light and the service battery light. I checked the charge voltage and the crank battery is getting a charge but the aux isn't. new battery there so maybe its charged enough sitting at 13.5V.... I can't see anything in the three whole pages about voltage cut-off etc etc..
    Ooops my bad, post deleted wrong thread
    Last edited by the evil twin; 1st April 2015 at 09:49 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well its all in and connected. I started the car up, lights came up on the ctek, the power light, the alternator light and the service battery light. I checked the charge voltage and the crank battery is getting a charge but the aux isn't. new battery there so maybe its charged enough sitting at 13.5V.... I can't see anything in the three whole pages about voltage cut-off etc etc..
    If the starter battery is charging or below required volts I think around 10.5v then the ctek will not charge the AUX battery until the starter hits 13.4 or 13.7v just from memory when I had mine in the gq

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
    If the starter battery is charging or below required volts I think around 10.5v then the ctek will not charge the AUX battery until the starter hits 13.4 or 13.7v just from memory when I had mine in the gq
    Hmm. The alternator is putting in around 14v to the starter battery though. It say I don't need to earth the starter battery to the ctek. Then I see a Youtube vid from Baintech where they say to do...Paranoia is kicking it, again. Lol. Last thing I want is to eff another aux battery and have warm beer.
    Last edited by mudski; 1st April 2015 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would connect Solar, Cranker and Aux (esp if that is the Baintech recommendation) -ve to the Ctek.

It eliminates any poor earthing or high resistance return.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. The alternator is putting in around 14v to the starter battery though. It say I don't need to earth the starter battery to the ctek. Then I see a Youtube vid from Baintech where they say to do...Paranoia is kicking it, again. Lol. Last thing I want is to eff another aux battery and have warm beer.
    Mudski, how did you go with this? Looking at getting a D250S soon. I've got a CTEK MXS 5.0 and the thing is brilliant.....
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbyr8 View Post
    Mudski, how did you go with this? Looking at getting a D250S soon. I've got a CTEK MXS 5.0 and the thing is brilliant.....
    All fitted up well mate. It works as it should. It was a lot bigger than I though it would have been though. I had it fitted in the engine bay next to the aux battery, but now I am doing the conversion I have removed it for now so theres room in the bay for ease of fitment of the new motor. Well, I removed the entire aux side and all wiring so I will start again once the new donk is in and running. I think I will mount in under the lhs dash somewhere this time, to keep the heat away from it.
    Although I do like the redarc BCDC1225 better, as I have one of those in my camper, this was shite easy to wire up though. Very impressed by this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

clubbyr8 (17th July 2015)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345