User Tag List

Thread: autometer pyro gauge

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

autometer pyro gauge

been having a problem with my pyro lately now its got me scratching my head it flickers so fast from zero right around the gauge that you can only see an orange blur got me buggered other than maybe a probe problem but got no idea.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My AutoMeter pyro acted goofy when I initially installed it. I don't know if it flew by 0 clockwise all the way around or not, didn't look at it when starting but on many occasions it stopped or at least would be at the 5:00-ish position. I finally retraced and re-tightened the connections and found a loose ground. Haven't seen that problem since. Now I have condensation inside some days ...
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

kevin07 (14th November 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanks ill have a look
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kevin, Only recently installed my Autometer gauges and had a bit of difficulty with the pyro gauge, as it would do its calibration then start flickering fast or go around to 900c and stay there, ended up being at the back of the gauge where the plugs were and when it was pushed in one of the tiny wires (yellow) had come out just a bit, pushed it back in and worked well after that, also I had to give the factory join under the bonnet near pyro end a good wiggle even tho it was tight and had been heat shrinked up as the instructions and suspect it was not making good contact for some reason, been fine since and working well.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SG1 For This Useful Post:

kevin07 (14th November 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all points to same thing