04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had some interesting emails with DP Chip regarding the HPD Maf housing and HPD airbox lid with there chips, it all but confirmed my findings to date, they said it is there recommended modifications to these vehicles along with the main modifications being exhaust and tigged intercooler with some form of boost controller. They can send there chip pre programmed to run with the HPD mods as they have tested and have the programmes there for mine and similar vehicles with these mods.

They also mentioned that they to found a loss of power by a couple of kw down low in the rpm range on the dyno when running without a chip but when the vehicle reached 2500 rpm or more there was no loss, which is similar to what I have been experiencing, as soon as it gets up there in the rpm range the vehicle really humms along but to be honest is not ideal and generally drive it down lower in the rev range most times.

Solution is fitting the DP chip and having it programmed to the modifications, doing a dyno run with air fuel meter in exhaust and not exceeding 16/1max mix with more give than take, same as was suggested by HPD somewhere around the 18-19/1 would be about right pending what you want from your vehicle, this helped me understand the modifications can and should be beneficial by allowing you to get the correct fuel air ratio for your vehicle and avoid the over fuelling problems the Di patrol has, while controlling the boost and lowering EGT's.

DP Chip should be fitted up Monday, have adjusted dawes valve to reach 18psi and adjusted needle valve to suit and vehicle responded well with lower EGT's.
    Last edited by SG1; 5th February 2015 at 04:52 PM.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SG1 For This Useful Post:

threedogs (5th February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the DP chip installed today and dyno run done before and after, result from fitting DP chip was a 20kw gain at the wheels with a conservative setting on there dyno, from the short test runs there is a very noticeable difference down low in the rpm with more torque and easier acceleration, the vehicle also held gear easier in the auto and felt as if the shifts were smoother, looking forward to more longer drives with a good 300k trip coming up this week.

So far happy but is early days and a lot more driving is needed.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SG1 For This Useful Post:

jackwalks (9th February 2015), mullet_hunter (15th February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice build up/Solid feedback... got my hpd gear on order.. will be doing pretty much same mods as u..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mullet_hunter For This Useful Post:

SG1 (15th February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will be sending the DP chip back in a couple of weeks to be re programmed to my vehicle, even tho it runs fine and a lot better with the chip installed I figure might as well get it spot on since it only cost freight for it to be done. Hope the write up helps anyone else who goes this path or similar.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to sending the DP Chip back with Modifications listed to vehicle, also mentioned about cruise control and small surging type affect at different settings at different speeds ect, not really noticeable but I noticed it so thought I would mention it to them. DP chip came back today re adjusted to suit my vehicle and mods, the difference is really noticeable and the installers put it back on the dyno (for free) to check and it showed there as well with considerable gains, 15-34kw through rev range jump in performance.

It came back with instructions to take of the grey wire, what ever that was for but think it may of been the TPS for the chip and installers looked after that, no more surging affect that I have noticed and much more smoother delivery of power.

All up very happy with my purchase of DP chip and that DP re tuned chip at no cost to me to my vehicle, also the installers here at 4wd Centre have been great with 2 runs on dyno and installation of chip at no charge, just the cost of the chip.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome write up mate. Interesting that they can re tune your chip for the hpd gear. Is the mob that fitted and dynotuned you rig in Melbourne?
    03 ST-L auto, Dawes and needle valve, provent catch can, 3' exhaust. I want more than I got

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paule For This Useful Post:

SG1 (27th May 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paule View Post
    Is the mob that fitted and dynotuned you rig in Melbourne?
    Thanks Paule, No they are a couple of hours east of Melbourne in Latrobe Valley, Traralgon.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good stuff I think there is a small pot inside the chip you can adjust
    I love my DP chip and will see how it goes after I change my intake.
    Dont think Mudski had any issues with his HPD install
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Good stuff I think there is a small pot inside the chip you can adjust
    I love my DP chip and will see how it goes after I change my intake.
    Dont think Mudski had any issues with his HPD install
    Nah none with mine. Ive been toying with the idea of getting the DP reprogrammed. But it all depends on the cost. How far do i go too? Im just starting to get the funds built up for the TD build.
    I got most of the parts for the new intake pipe, gonna order new squirters soon too.
    Good to see the op is happy with his results. Will always put a smile on ones face when things work out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast