OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Removing NATS (Nissan Anti Theft System) from GU III 4.2TD Injector Pump

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    Thanks Mate
    I haven't had issues (touch wood) but I might get my mechanic friend to do it for me.

SO basically in a nutshell
    Smash that black box open to get to the 1 wire protruding out. Then rejoin the middle loom wire to that one protruding wire?

I guess the scariest part would be hopefully not wrecking that 1 protruding wire in the process..
    There's no way I'd do it that way. Once you take the pump out it's so simple to run any of the new easyout style of screw extractors into the two screws holding the black box on and it comes off. Absolutely zero risk of damaging wiring, injector lines or pump. Not a lot more work either. Mark the position of the pump before you take it out and make sure it goes back at exactly the same spot so the pump timing doesn't change.

Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dave

I been told taking the pump out is really hard work though?

How long did it take you

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    Hey Dave

I been told taking the pump out is really hard work though?

How long did it take you
    2 people it took a whole day, and one of them is a mechanic, as per Dave's concise explanation.
    2007 Nissan Patrol Y61 Wagon AT 2009 ZD30CRD Engine
    Snorkel, Tillex, HPD Intercooler, 3" King Brown Exhaust, 2" Bilstein Lift, Steel Bar and 12000lb Winch, Engine Bay Lighting

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read this, not realising until I saw mention of Yendor that this is an old thread. He was such a good resource to this forum! Yendor ... if you're out thee somewhere I miss you!

The read sure made me glad that us Dx owners don't suffer from the dreaded NATS.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I hadn’t seen the earlier question but as Lionel said. Took a whole day to get pump in & out. About 2 minutes to remove the NATS black box with the Alden proGrabit. Few mintutes to tweak the wiring to bypass it. Most of the work was getting the pump out & back in again but given the grief the other methods could cause I’d do it this way again any day of the week.

Cheers 🍻 Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davejones View Post
    Sorry I hadn’t seen the earlier question but as Lionel said. Took a whole day to get pump in & out. About 2 minutes to remove the NATS black box with the Alden proGrabit. Few mintutes to tweak the wiring to bypass it. Most of the work was getting the pump out & back in again but given the grief the other methods could cause I’d do it this way again any day of the week.

Cheers 🍻 Dave
    Wood Chisel worked for me....
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123