OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Removing NATS (Nissan Anti Theft System) from GU III 4.2TD Injector Pump

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davejones View Post
    Just put it back as close as we could get it for now. Probably going to blank off the EGR and get it dyno tuned again I reckon. Hasn't been done since the exhaust went on five years ago or more.

Dave
    Ok. It wouldn't hurt to get it checked with a dial indicator as the particular pump on yours can do weird things if the static timing is altered to much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    4.2 pumps aren't electronic. Just the black box that controls whether to power the fuel shut off solenoid.

Unless you're installing the ignition to detect the right key & all the other NATS stuff I reckon you'd have to make this mod anyway if you are putting the motor in something else like a GQ or other truck.
    Not quite 100% mate. The later model td42ti did have some electrickery on and a very basic ecu. This uses inputs such as engine rpm, #1 injector lift, tps, coolant temp and one of the output controls the tcv (timing control valve) which is the plug right at the bottom of the pump that you were asking about.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Not quite 100% mate. The later model td42ti did have some electrickery on and a very basic ecu. This uses inputs such as engine rpm, #1 injector lift, tps, coolant temp and one of the output controls the tcv (timing control valve) which is the plug right at the bottom of the pump that you were asking about.
    I stand corrected. Any idea when that started?

Guessing mine's affected. Which is disappointing as I really liked thinking it was simple...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I stand corrected. Any idea when that started?

Guessing mine's affected. Which is disappointing as I really liked thinking it was simple...
    Yes it's when they became inter cooled from factory that the electrics were added. They are very simple mate and aren't any less reliable then the older style. If something in the system does fail there is no limp mode or anything as such and the vehicle for the most part will be completely mobile.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the blokes that had NATS issues. Im just trying to work out why it would fail and then thousands of ones out there are fine.

Did you guys do a lot of 4wding through mud or water?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    To the blokes that had NATS issues. Im just trying to work out why it would fail and then thousands of ones out there are fine.

Did you guys do a lot of 4wding through mud or water?
    No it's pretty random mate. When mine went it had not been off road for months and months. Since I did mine I have seen this and my thread bumped countless times. This happens ALOT. I have since fitted an alarm with immobilizer. Happy days
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    No it's pretty random mate. When mine went it had not been off road for months and months. Since I did mine I have seen this and my thread bumped countless times. This happens ALOT. I have since fitted an alarm with immobilizer. Happy days
    Thanks Mate
    I haven't had issues (touch wood) but I might get my mechanic friend to do it for me.

SO basically in a nutshell
    Smash that black box open to get to the 1 wire protruding out. Then rejoin the middle loom wire to that one protruding wire?

I guess the scariest part would be hopefully not wrecking that 1 protruding wire in the process..

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also are we the lucky ones being td42t being able to atleast have this option? What do the 3.0 guys do?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    Thanks Mate
    I haven't had issues (touch wood) but I might get my mechanic friend to do it for me.

SO basically in a nutshell
    Smash that black box open to get to the 1 wire protruding out. Then rejoin the middle loom wire to that one protruding wire?

I guess the scariest part would be hopefully not wrecking that 1 protruding wire in the process..
    Here is my experience from the first post seeking advice on why the light was staying on to smashing off with a wood chistel..

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...OBILISER+LIGHT
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol yes I read that thread.

All I can say is you are brave and secondly thankyou for sharing as that gave us knowledge to save a lot of money or if we are stuck.

Im going to fraser island next year. I wasn't even aware of this NATS problem so im thinking I might get my mechanic mate to do before hand for me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drgtr For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th February 2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast