Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops lol

Hi all,

Sorry for the essay. I talk a lot but really what's the point in just posting "Hi, I'm Joel & I have a GU"? It's a bit 'AA meeting' like.

I kinda went ass about here. I started posting before properly introducing myself. Anyway, I'm Joel aka Sharky & although I'm new(ish) to this forum, I'm no newby when it comes to Patrols or cars or anything with a motor really. I actually joined here as I'm a Patrol enthusiast & an ex mechanic & I enjoy helping people solve their auto related problems, sharing info & comparing cars/accessories etc. I haven't worked as a mechanic for 14yrs & there's a lot I don't know so it's good to get info/advice from the old dogs.

My life story in short (or not lol)......................

I have a '98 GU TD42 N/A with all the fruit. I wanted a TD42T but when I bought mine, it was near on impossible to find a 4.2 dsl GU so I pretty much had to take the 1st 1 I found. I got a DX with carpet & flares. I wanted a DX because I hate anything with excessive electrics. I wanted to keep this one for a long time so simplicity is best. I can always add optional extras myself which I prefer to do anyway as I like personalizing my machines & I don't trust many people to do a job to my liking.

I've had a few quick cars, V8 street machines (VN 5L Manual Calais, HZ 253 Manual Ute, VY SS Manual commodore), classics (LC & LJ toranas incl a GTR XU-1), & some other ordinary cars. The quick ones got me into a lot of trouble & I nearly went to prison for them so I sold them all & bought a HZJ75 cruiser ute which I modified. I raced my Calais at Kwinana motorplex & held the fastest reaction time for a manual street car for many yrs at 0.047 secs. I also raced it at Barbagallo raceway as an associate member of the HSV club.

I'm also into other motor sports. I raced moto-x for a few yrs & I raced Jet skis until 2010 when I got 2nd in the state for my class. I was going to go for 1st place next season but when my marriage failed I lost interest & quit. I still have some toys but do things in a more family orientated way now ie get the kids involved.

I have other non motorized passions. I love aquariums, snorkeling & camping, music/audio & woodwork. I made some of the furniture in my house. I'm not fast at it & only have hand tools but I enjoy it. I guess it runs in the family. My pop was a carpenter & one of my uncles builds show cars & hot rods. We've all got 4x4's, & they're all Cruisers & Patrols. The funny part is, we're not particularly close & don't all talk to each other lol.

Anyway, I look forward to talking with you all & maybe meeting some of the Perth members at some point.

Here's some pics of some of my cars, bikes & skis........there are a few I don't have pics of
    megan103.jpg
    megan094.jpg
    megan114.jpg
    CopyofJoelsPics016.jpg
    Photos326.jpg
    DSC_0232.jpg
    Photos471-1.jpg
    JoelsPics001.jpg
    Bigairski.jpg
    Picture435.jpg
    004.jpg
    137.jpg
    011.jpg
    IMG_9737.jpg
    020.jpg

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sharky1 For This Useful Post:

AB (7th November 2014), Clunk (7th November 2014), Dave_H (8th November 2014), DX grunt (7th November 2014), GaryXCY (7th November 2014), GUtsy ute (7th November 2014), katwoman (9th November 2014), Sherro (9th November 2014), threedogs (7th November 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some nice toys you got/had there Sharky, no doubt we'll catch up soon mate. Heading to the Perth 4wd show this weekend?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate. Yeah thinking about it. I'm kinda broke tho & I know if I go there I won't walk out empty handed lol

I need a fridge, winch extension, rock sliders, 2x fold up jockey wheels........& probably more that my eyes will like the look of if I go

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, I know the feeling but I'm going anyway, will have a good look around on Saturday and will be there again on Sunday at the clubs stand

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum....nice pics

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Sharkey and welcome to the forum
    I think Super Cheap have 10" fold up jockey wheels for $29.
    Thats over here so maybe check your outlets
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now there's a good intro!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great intro.
    "Anyway, I look forward to talking with you all & maybe meeting some of the Perth members at some point." Do what Clunk says about Western Patrol or talk to members at the show.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast