Thread: Mechanic Recommendations??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mechanic Recommendations??

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone an recommend a 4x4 mechanic anywhere in the Northern Suburbs (Victoria) that they have used before or know off, preferably someone who would understand the NADS i have installed on my car just to help with some boost issues i'm having. i don't mind travelling if needed to someone recommended although its struggling a bit and didn't want to take it further than required..

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..good mechanics hard to find

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    JPC in Thomastown is where I go. He's done my chip and full dyno tune. How north are you? There is 4x4 obsession in Melton who are highly recommended and supposedly know patrols inside out. They are more west though than north.
    There is also, 4x4 solutions in Grimshaw st, Bundroora. Never used them, but have heard good stuff about them too.
    2005 TD42TI

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

jaseb13 (6th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What sort of boost issues you having ,? Might be able to sort it out here and save you a few bucks
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for reply fellas, I'm in epping so JPC sounds fine to me might check them out was hoping to find one with a dyno for a tune up as well.

I've gone from over boosting three Dogs to having no more than 5 PSI! My issue was when boost was required for more than say 5 seconds accelerating up hill or freeway would hit max boost then go Limp, adjusted my needle to slow down the spool, still when limp. started blowing smoke probably because i lowered it (maybe to much) and the motor wasn't getting the boost it needed. I checked for any vacuum leaks took the intercooler off looking for sign off it leaking, cleaned the MAF Sensor and now i can't get it to boost over 5 PSI so not sure if i disturbed something when took the cooler off but something isn't happy. good the Dawes be faulty the spring inside was stretched a little but not sure.

Car runs and idles fine, EGT's are normal around town but havent been back to freeway yet and don't want push it with 5 PSI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    running 2001 3.0 ltr GU..i know i know

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseb13 View Post
    thanks for reply fellas, I'm in epping so JPC sounds fine to me might check them out was hoping to find one with a dyno for a tune up as well.

I've gone from over boosting three Dogs to having no more than 5 PSI! My issue was when boost was required for more than say 5 seconds accelerating up hill or freeway would hit max boost then go Limp, adjusted my needle to slow down the spool, still when limp. started blowing smoke probably because i lowered it (maybe to much) and the motor wasn't getting the boost it needed. I checked for any vacuum leaks took the intercooler off looking for sign off it leaking, cleaned the MAF Sensor and now i can't get it to boost over 5 PSI so not sure if i disturbed something when took the cooler off but something isn't happy. good the Dawes be faulty the spring inside was stretched a little but not sure.

Car runs and idles fine, EGT's are normal around town but havent been back to freeway yet and don't want push it with 5 PSI
    JPC is the place but he hates the NADs. He will probably remove it all. But he does have a dyno. I live in Mill Park. Shoot me a pm bud. I have spare maf here that you can try. I can go over your NADs install too and just check if everything is good.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    JPC is the place but he hates the NADs. He will probably remove it all. But he does have a dyno. I live in Mill Park. Shoot me a pm bud. I have spare maf here that you can try. I can go over your NADs install too and just check if everything is good.
    Yeah Mark at JPC isn't a big fan of the dawes and needle valve setup. He removed all that, and dropped in a wastegate set at 18psi, chipped and dyno tuned the car and she now sings better than ever. I've never had anything mechanical done there other than above mentioned. But know a few people who swear by the work they do there.
    2005 TD42TI

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got him all sorted guys. He came over, we talked for ages, looked at his car, talked more, looked at his car, lifted the bonnet, talked more, I fiddled with the needle valve, took it for a spin and got about 10 metres down the road and turned around. It wasn't getting above 5psi. So I chucked in a spare MAF, jumped back in a of we went. Goes like a rocket ship! Then we talked even more.
    Jaseb13 is a top bloke too. We could have stood there for hours just talking Patrol chit!
    Cheers.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (13th November 2014), threedogs (13th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,040 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Got him all sorted guys. He came over, we talked for ages, looked at his car, talked more, looked at his car, lifted the bonnet, talked more, I fiddled with the needle valve, took it for a spin and got about 10 metres down the road and turned around. It wasn't getting above 5psi. So I chucked in a spare MAF, jumped back in a of we went. Goes like a rocket ship! Then we talked even more.
    Jaseb13 is a top bloke too. We could have stood there for hours just talking Patrol chit!
    Cheers.
    Nice work mudski.
    That's what makes a good forum a a great forum.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

mudski (13th November 2014)