Thread: Free Pass to SA National Parks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    Seen vic prices??
    Halls gap national park (grampians) is over $40 a night for a drop loo.
    Cp in town is $36 for a powered site and full facilities.
    Yep - way over the top. I stay at Lake Fyans caravan park when I go that way. It's one of the best maintained parks I have stayed in. The problem when huge money is made from these sort of government grabs is that sometimes the funds are "temporarily diverted" to other projects. Also, often the real value of the funds the government put into parklands prior to collection of fees decreases - so the net amount of funds is either the same or even sometimes less.

I don't know who assess the amount of fee to pay - but it seems that they increase the funds until the visitors drop off and then use that as a guide, especially in the more popular spots.

Either way it's a rip off. Besides - parks and the bush should be for everyone - not just those that can afford it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    Yep - way over the top. I stay at Lake Fyans caravan park when I go that way. It's one of the best maintained parks I have stayed in. The problem when huge money is made from these sort of government grabs is that sometimes the funds are "temporarily diverted" to other projects. Also, often the real value of the funds the government put into parklands prior to collection of fees decreases - so the net amount of funds is either the same or even sometimes less. I don't know who assess the amount of fee to pay - but it seems that they increase the funds until the visitors drop off and then use that as a guide, especially in the more popular spots. Either way it's a rip off. Besides - parks and the bush should be for everyone - not just those that can afford it.
    Amen mate. We've boycotted the parks so instead of getting $15 a night often they'll never get $40 a night again....
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12