Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scangaugell ? TPS ?

hi guys.
    i've got a scangaugell and have been trying to work out what gauges it will display. it does boost , rpm , water temp , volts engine load & horsepower . but not TPS ( throttle position sensor ) or intake air temp . would anyone know how to make the gauge display these . although at this stage i'm not sure if the car monitors intake air temps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nipagu7 View Post
    hi guys.
    i've got a scangaugell and have been trying to work out what gauges it will display. it does boost , rpm , water temp , volts engine load & horsepower . but not TPS ( throttle position sensor ) or intake air temp . would anyone know how to make the gauge display these . although at this stage i'm not sure if the car monitors intake air temps.
    I have a 2013 with a scanguage it does not monitor intake air temps as the engine does not have a sensor for that as for the tps not sure but I don't think it can

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for that dazzalco . i wasn't sure about the intake air temp sensor . if the ecu only reads the tps but does not report on it , the scangauge will not be able to display a reading . maybe if we could find out if the ecu reported the tps we could find a way to display the readings with the x gauge feature . or maybe the shoot a email to linear logic who could then work out the x gauge comands . i just think being able to read tps would be handy . my patrol is standard so far but as i add mods eg; snorkel , exhaust etc , it could be a good way to help determine the level of improvements . eg; less throttle for the same speed in the same gear would be a definate indication of improvement . computer wizardry is not my forte , i am hoping someone with a better understanding of this stuff could nut this out .

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually the ZD30 does sense the air temp as a function of the MAF sensor.
    The MAF has two outputs, one proportional to mass flow and another (pins 5 and 6) for the air temp.

Because of the way the ECU is set up I don't think it reports temp as a stand alone parameter tho which is why the Scangauge can't see it.
    I could be wrong on that last bit but the MAF definitely sees the air temp, not sure how acccurately it measures it tho... I'll try some sluething and post back
    Last edited by the evil twin; 26th October 2014 at 12:52 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As best as I can determine from the specs the intake air temp sensor is accurate to approx +/- 5 Deg C.

That is a SWAG from interpolating the manuf specs in allowable voltage range for a given temp into degrees.
    Because it is a thermistor the specs give a set temp with sensor tolerance in ohms not the other way around unfortunately.

The signal is sent to the ECU on pins 147 and 160 if that helps with the X gauge programming.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the intake air temps i was hoping for were post intercooler , but not really necesseary . the codes required to read tps , if it is possible , are hexidecimal , to allow the scangauge to communicate with the ecu . it seems that the scangauges are sometimes updated to read more parameters . hopefully a future update might sort this out .