Thanks
    Thanked 6,920 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, Another Rear Drawr Build

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I make these, but have always mean to put up a few photos. Haven't got any photos of the build, but Kallens build thread was very useful and also checked out the Full Boar Fouby Drawers for a bit of inspiration. Made it all out of 12mm marine ply (3 sheets) painted it matt black and covered it with Bunnings auto carpet.

PA220001.JPG

PA220004.JPG

Used the UES Slides with one lockout and one without per side. Found these to work really well and are easy to install. To mount them you need to pull them apart by pressing in the lockout tab and pulling them out then you can get to all the screw holes.

PA220007.JPG

Make a couple of little hidey holes on each side. You can still get to the jack easily enough, I also mounted the jack handle and wheel brace so it's all together.

PA220008.JPG

Also patched up the old seat belt holes and recovered the side panels with the same carpet.

PA220009.JPG

I finished the drawers at the top of the bit which drops down (the old footwell for the dickie seats), and put a cover over it, so there is a fair bit of room for stuff you don't need to access often. I also went a full length cargo barrier so you can stuff things in here also without too many dramas.

PA220010.JPG

PA220005.JPG

PA220006.JPG

Made a table out of the leftovers, which is bloody handy. Covered the speaker holes and carpeted the doors. i mounted some 6" speakers in the rear doors with 20mm spacers, which is heaps better seeing as when the rear is loaded up with gear the speakers in the barn doors are pretty much useless anyway.

PA220011.JPG

Put in some LED strip lights on both doors which is bloody handy too.

All up drawers probably cost about $500.00 and have been good so far, very happy with them and should have done it long ago!!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Avo (24th October 2014), graeme1969 (24th October 2014), katwoman (29th October 2014), Majestic (23rd August 2015), megatexture (29th October 2014), Smoothrun (29th October 2014), Stevelb21 (7th July 2015), Stropp (24th October 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job as usual rossco
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Rossco (29th October 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good man, nice and neat.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Live life, Love life.
    Snatch straps on towballs can harm and/or kill!!!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to krbrooking For This Useful Post:

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great looking to build some myself

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Semmo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very well made, very tidy!
    Looking forward to making a set for my GQ next month!
    1992 TD42 GQ Patrol Wagon

My GQ Build Page

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 92GQ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post

Used the UES Slides with one lockout and one without per side. Found these to work really well and are easy to install. To mount them you need to pull them apart by pressing in the lockout tab and pulling them out then you can get to all the screw holes
    All up drawers probably cost about $500.00 and have been good so far, very happy with them and should have done it long ago!!
    Great set up Rossco, the side panels and rear bench came up grouse,I bought the UES slides but didnt get a pair that lock because i havent been able to work out how to mount them without having the locking lever esposed on the drawer face to unlock them, i cant see yours, any advice on how you did it by chance, they did say i can take a pair back for changeover so if you can help id appreciate it, im starting mine today so im pretty pumped, i decided to try building a top slide and self locking will help ensure it wont open on the rough stuff.

Cheers
    Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 6,920 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the locking ones on the outside so you can get to them when both drawers are open. The one on the right is a little tight to get into (between the door and drawer) but that is mainly because I have a 35" spare, but it's not to bad really.

Good luck with yours, im sure they'll come up pretty sweet.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im lost mate sorry, but if you put them on the outside, which i can only read as being 1 on far left and 1 on far right, and if they are locking slides would they not be exposed so u can push lever to open them, how can you open the draws to get to them if theyre locked on the inside, im either a total dumbar÷€ and have spent more than 40 hrs on several forums,websites to come up with my design and not once has there been any mention of using locking slides with a hidden locking mechanism, ORS even sell theirs with the levers showing out the front on fridge slides. Also full boar.

Im not questioning your ability and please dont take this with any offence, im truly interested and am frustrated in myself for not being able to picture how youve done it, if you wanna pm me please feel free or if you or anyone for that matter can put up a pic of how its done id be very gratefull

Thanks
    Thanked 12,429 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rossco's are like mine. There is a little tab on the slider that is spring loaded and it flicks out when fully extended so you can't push the drawer shit without pressing the tab in first.
    I don't have my car at the moment but can take a photo on the weekend.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Smoothrun (29th October 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know where you are coming from Smoothrun, the only thing I can think of is that Rossco and Winnie have set up their slides so that the drawer closes before the locking slide locks? Otherwise they have no chance of accessing the lever and opening the drawer!

PS Or they are different to what we have and they only lock open not lock open and closed?
    GQ highmount, lockers, barwork, 3-Link front, long arms, V8, cage, duct tape, cable ties and 35's

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Crate For This Useful Post:

Smoothrun (29th October 2014)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast