Thread: where can i go?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can i go?

Gday guys,
    I am looking for somewhere around the Sydney/Blue mountains area, to go over Easter and take the family.
    Primarily i am looking at some mild 4x4 stuff where i go and camp with the family by ourselves to get away from the rat race of the city.
    I am not a member of a club yet where there are outings in groups, due to my work hours, it is not feasible to join one at the moment.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bomber,

I have just started exploring the Blue Mountains myself and have found a lot of infomation on these sites.

http://www.greaterbluemountainsdrive...ery-trails.php

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/Na...mpgrounds.aspx

Also have a look at the "Trips and Treks" section here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...lay.php?22-NSW

Definately take the kids up to the Newnes Plateau to see the Glow Worm tunnel. Easy drive and you can also have a play in the fire trails.

I was looking at Setting up camp at Oberon at the caravan park (Hot showers and flushing toilets to keep the wife happy) and do easy day trips out from there.

Cheers,

Rob
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi guys a nice weekend trip with mild 4wding for family is the cave to cave jenolan through to wombyan via yerranderi you travell it either way the tracks are well used and the campsite at yerranderi are well maintaned either camp for free near the end of the air strip above the old silver ghost town you can spend time there exploring the walks and digs around the village as well as the old gear that they have salvaged and put into a home made musium this is a full on 2 day run or a comfortable long weekend over the easter weekend i would go through and add a stop at the coxs river camp site at the end of the six foot track there are a several tracks you use into there from mild to wild through the jenolan SF some i would not attemp during the rain. hope this helps

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try Bathurst, go out to Eglington and head to Hill End via The Bridle Track, lots of camping spots along the Macquarie River.
    Just did a search and apparently it is closed at Monaghans Bluff due to a landslide, may pay to ring before you go there.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you guys i will get stuck in and start planning

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watagans is also another great spot with something for every one. It's 90mins from Sydney with plenty of camp sites, open area's and 4x4 tracks. You can't get lost unless you try really hard and it is accessable to the main camp grounds via 2wd with caravans if you like. You will always fine heaps of bikes up there and the fire trails or known 4x4 rds rate from easy to "hell no". Google it or even Utube it there's plenty of info out there.
    [SIZE="4"]Robbo[/SIZE]
    2000 Nissan GUII 3.0 TD

[COLOR="red"][B]Asphalt - A waste of tax payers money [/B][/COLOR]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to robbo71 For This Useful Post:

HammerBuilder (28th March 2012)

yorgalas
    try lithgow it is a HUGE part up near that way with heaps of tracks and camping area

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your looking for a nice track, with beautiful views you should try the Yango national park via wisemans ferry.
    Just took the mrs and kids (youngest 18months and wife is 8 months pregnant).
    Great track with lots of fun humps and bumps along the way with small water crossings, lots of fun!
    Let us know what you decided and how it went as I live near the mountains and would love to know of a track near by.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi James,

there are quite a few areas you can have a look and have a play around in that arent to far from Sydney.

Have a look here http://www.greaterbluemountainsdrive...ery-trails.php Theor se will get you into areas that you can get off the beaten track in like up at Newnes or out near Yerranderie. Up north in Yengo is some nice country and also around Colo.

For a week away with the Family camping you can head to the Barrington Tops area. This place is massive and there are litterally hundreds of places to stay and explore and you couldnt do it all in one trip. You would need a few years to explore it all.

Another area for a weeks camping is down south around Batemans Bay. There is the Deua National Park with some very nice secluded camping areas and a fair amount of 4WDing to be had. We stayed at Depot Beach and had a great time there.

Checkout http://maps.google.com.au/ and have a good look around the areas you would like to visit then look those areas up on Google to see attractions, activities (especially for the kids as they get older and if your wife is anything like mine then there need to be certain facilities available where you camp, like hot showers and flushing toilets..... nothing like roughing it!!

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Rob
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys im new to this page um for the question where to go i have a few in mind
    1 mt walker - lithgow
    2 mt airly - lithgow aswell
    3 turon national park - capartee
    4 zigzag/powerlines track - heading into lithgow
    there just a few hope that helps

ps what are some good upgrades for gu 4500 the 4.5L motor if u know some that would help

cheers from
    Brandon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast