User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 CRD Fuel Consumption

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems about right to me. Mine is completely stock (auto) apart from 2" lift and i get 12.5-13's although i use to get 14-15's before i started using the 2 stroke oil and K & N air filter.
    2008 GU6 ST 3.0 CRD Auto, 2" Lift, ARB Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Side Steps, Maxxis 980 A/T, Roof Rack.....................

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave, thanks mate
    can you please elaborate a bit on the "2 stroke oil "
    2009 ZD30-CRD Patrol ST Wagon. Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Snorkel, BFG285/70R70, 2" OME Lift, Rear Drawers, UHF, Scangauge, VDO Boost and EGT Gauges in an A-Pillar Pod, More bits

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some info on here mate http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...rb-performance
    but the best one i've read is here http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...p?f=54&t=76845

66 pages long and it's a great read.
    Last edited by Dave_H; 19th October 2014 at 07:40 AM.
    2008 GU6 ST 3.0 CRD Auto, 2" Lift, ARB Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Side Steps, Maxxis 980 A/T, Roof Rack.....................

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave_H For This Useful Post:

Hodge (19th October 2014)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    08 auto CRD, on 33"s with a few bits and pieces, 16ltr on a good day unladen, 18-20ltr with all the camping gear loaded up!
    2008 GU ST Bog stock and no smoking barrels!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beni C View Post
    08 auto CRD, on 33"s with a few bits and pieces, 16ltr on a good day unladen, 18-20ltr with all the camping gear loaded up!
    WOW, they are crazy figures. I get 19-20l towing a 2.7T caravan. Everything else sees 12-13l with 33's front and rear steel bar, winch, scrub bars, side steps, etc, etc

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    08 CRD 145k (auto) on clock got 14.5 per 100 city driving 95% one trip up the freeway a/c pretty well on all the time and a hour sand driving in H4

Edit: pre lift and KM2 285/75

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    block your egr the black will stop.
    I don't see how that's the case. It's basically unburnt fuel if I crank the chip up and floor it with the camper in tow you can see and smell diesel on the stone guard along with soot but that's maxing the chip

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    I don't see how that's the case. It's basically unburnt fuel if I crank the chip up and floor it with the camper in tow you can see and smell diesel on the stone guard along with soot but that's maxing the chip
    yes by loading up the chip you will definitely create smoke but if its smoking for no apparent reason your egr will be faulty and causing the smoke, EG my old navara brand new pump, rail and injectors was smoky blocked the egr on advice no more smoke unless I flogged it then a little bit of smoke.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by apalsson View Post
    Thanks mate, mine is a manual
    Looks like my consumption is comparable to yours in many ways then. Effectively I'm on 33s and there is a fair bit of added weight there. I also recall from my old Di that the roofrack probably cost me 0.5 - 1L/100Km
    The soot isn't heavy black smoke but still a bit noticeable on takeoff and accelerating.
    Because I have Nissan warranty on the car, I was hesitant to chip it. The warranty runs out in May and I am going to use the time to research good chips for this engine. I used to have a dTronic in my old Di and was quite happy with that
    The warranty is also the reason I have done nothing about EGR blocks etc etc
    as you can see in my signature I have a steinbauer and I am very happy with the performance it gives, and as far as the egr block my Nissan dealer doesn't have a clue that its blocked all they say is it has some prior codes.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    WOW, they are crazy figures. I get 19-20l towing a 2.7T caravan. Everything else sees 12-13l with 33's front and rear steel bar, winch, scrub bars, side steps, etc, etc
    Yeah mate, she chews!! I didnt buy it for the fuel economy though!! I think the auto box makes a difference to the figures.
    2008 GU ST Bog stock and no smoking barrels!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12