Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glind hot water

Hi guys,
    Getting ready for another trip. Wife wants a shower system. I particularly don't like the bulk of the aqua cube and other similar systems. Saw the glind on the net $495. Anyone gat one or can provide feedback?
    Where can I get the best price if I go that way?
    Cheers.
    Cameron

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Cameron.

I had one for a few years on the GQ and it works well. Not much chop in the morning if you have a cold Deisel and you need to get it to temp before you heat the water but perfect for the end of a day on the road. You really need to get onto it as soon as you roll into camp though before the car cools down.

They work very well.

When I fitted my Turbo it was in the way and was stripped off and I have since sold it but was a good thing.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Do Coleman make one that's not fixed to a vehicle, or is that just a hot water boiler.?
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 718 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G`day mate
    Had one on my GQ for many years work great but have now opted of a $20 unit and boil the billy (easy set up and no cutting into cooling system) Can shower with around 5 lts water. With the Glind unit we had it setup to recycle the water. The $20 unit has worked ok for some time now and the kids also use it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been contemplating a Helton exchanger for my future setup. Google them for a look.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Helton one in the bus when we bought it. I took it out & sold it. It certainly heated water, but getting the output temperature was a bit of a pain involving stuffing around with the vehicle’s heater controls. The water could get hot enough to scald. Also didn’t like having to stand next to a smelly & noisy diesel just to get hot water. What I did like was the idea of making use of what is otherwise wasted - engine heat - to heat the water. That’s why I have a marine calorifier in both the bus & the Patrol. This is a heat exchanger inside an insulated tank. Combining it with a tempering valve to set the desired output temperature (automatically mixes the right amount of cold water with the hot) consistent temperature output, no fiddling with heater controls & avoids scalding. With a little extra insulation the water in my ones stays hot for up to 3 days. Smallest I know of that is available available is 10 litre capacity.

At 250mm x 250mm x 600mm it’s probably too big for the OP but could be an option for some. My Patrol has the 22 litre model. Half an hour driving sees it fully heated.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-Litre-Surecal-Calorifier-calorifiers-water-heater-/181321690273?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipmen t_Accessories_SM&hash=item2a379d6ca1

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep Boil the Billy and then mix with cold water to desired temp then the battery powered $20 shower head and your toilet tent. When I crossed the Madigan Line my son and I had 1 shower during the crossing and both had a great shower and did not use 5lts between us. You turn the shower Off when you soap up. Especially when water is a luxury.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got the $20 option of a bucket and hot water and portable shower head. Works a treat! Not for everyone, but we like it.