2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seemed to roll very easily but yes could have easily been avoided. Apart from the obvious ways to avoid it I wonder if front diif locks would have made a difference as you can see he looses all drive from the front as he lifts the opposite wheel and I'm guessing even a little bit of traction on the front when he put his foot down would have made a huge difference
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was at the completely wrong angle to drive up that embankment. Front Diff locks may have made a difference but gravity has only one direction.....down.
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkinsey View Post
    He was at the completely wrong angle to drive up that embankment. Front Diff locks may have made a difference but gravity has only one direction.....down.
    In Facebook terms "like"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

rkinsey (26th September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a different opinion......
    I can't believe he rolled that. My 2 inch lifted GQ would have walked over that bump....even at that angle. I suspect it has more to do with the complete lack of flex in that Paj. It's as stiff as a board, that's why it tips over so far I reckon, that has meant no grip and bad angle and over she goes. Yes, a locker possibly would have helped.
    Very pleased I own a Patrol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

jack (26th September 2014), NP99 (26th September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I suspect lockers may have helped but I'm with Drewboy I'm sure the the patrol could have walked over that. Obviously if he hit it head on he wouldn't have had a problem even in a pajero
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if it should be put down to "Flex Shot Fail". LOL

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucus30 View Post
    Yeah I suspect lockers may have helped but I'm with Drewboy I'm sure the the patrol could have walked over that. Obviously if he hit it head on he wouldn't have had a problem even in a pajero
    Its all about knowing the limitations of the vehicle that you drive. The patrol would definitely do something different than the Pajero but that's where the Driver needs to understand that.

I also drive a Ford Explorer with IFS torsion bar front and Leaf spring rear and it performs totally different to the GQ Patrol and I wouldn't think of putting the Explorer into positions that I would with the GQ.
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Ford Exploder! That sounds like an interesting suspension setup...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,039 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkinsey View Post
    Its all about knowing the limitations of the vehicle that you drive. The patrol would definitely do something different than the Pajero but that's where the Driver needs to understand that.

I also drive a Ford Explorer with IFS torsion bar front and Leaf spring rear and it performs totally different to the GQ Patrol and I wouldn't think of putting the Explorer into positions that I would with the GQ.
    I agree, know the cars limitations and drive accordingly.
    I drove a Prado for 10 years and although it is better than a Pajero it is nothing like a Patrol on cross axle driving but the Prado was much better than the Patrol on sand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast