Thread: 2004 patrol St general questions

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2004 patrol St general questions

Hi guys recently purchased my first 4x4 and hoping some questions could be answered. This vehicle is completely stock and hasn't done much if any 4x4 work.
    1st what series would this be build date is may so I'm thinking 3 but unsure
    2nd does this model come with remote central locking standard? As this vehicle has changed hands a few times I wonder if it has lost its remote or was an additional factory fitting how can I tell? It's got central locking.
    3rd the old girl is going to need tires soon they are all very low currently running 275 70r16 will these fit ok with stock suspension off road with all the flex etc? Not looking to go bigger as it's sits nicely atm. Cheers guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its an 04 ST should have mags ,remote central locking and its a series 3
    Tyres should be fine GUs have big wheel arches
    Last edited by threedogs; 23rd September 2014 at 01:28 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

toad_au (23rd September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey toad

You can easily identify the series by the wheel arch flares, the larger "squarish" shape ones it is a series IV if they are the smaller rounded ones then its a series III, May 04 build should be series III, I believe that the IV's started in Aug 04.

Can't help you on the central locking, but 275/70R16 will fit fine in standard suspension on or off road.

Craig
    GQ highmount, lockers, barwork, 3-Link front, long arms, V8, cage, duct tape, cable ties and 35's

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crate For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (23rd September 2014), toad_au (23rd September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken from [url]http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/carfamilytree?ReadForm&ID=2C562B0B35C2D23FCA257125 001A1655[/url

An evolutionary path from the super-successful GQ, the four-coil suspension GU series – or fifth-generation – Patrol featured a completely redesigned body (in four-door wagon-only body).

The two-door offered abroad was abandoned) that was larger in every dimension, a new chassis with huge strides in on-road dynamic control and refinement yet with better off-road ability, increased security and crash safety and a significantly improved cabin.

Equipment levels rose, seven seats were optional and modern passenger-car innovations like smart airbags were incorporated.

The Patrol started at the DX level and rose to the ST and luxury Ti models.

Initially engines were the 95kW/252Nm 2.8-litre four-cylinder turbodiesel (TD), 91kW/272Nm 4.2 OHV six-cylinder diesel and 145kW/350Nm 4.5-litre TD45 petrol motor – the latter offering a four-speed automatic option as well as the others’ five-speed manual gearbox.

From May ’99 a 114kW/330Nm 4.2 TD (TD42T) engine joined the range. Running late were the GU leaf or coil-sprung cab-chassis models in DX and ST guises and boasting a 2500kg towing capacity and 4.2 diesel and TD units.

The GU Series II from April ’00 introduced a 116kW/354Nm 3.0-litre ZD30 four-cylinder TD engine in manual and four-speed auto variations, replacing the old 2.8 TD unit, as well as new front seats, improved safety and a redesigned grille.

In October ’01 the GU Series III added a 185kW/420Nm 4.8-litre DOHC TB48DE six-cylinder engine. It also brought along a new grille, headlights, taillights, bumpers, side mouldings, side steps, wheels and body colours, as well as revisions to the cabin and trim.

A five-speed auto replaced all four-speed autos. The cab-chassis also received an upgraded engine – a 114kW/360Nm 4.2 TD known as the TD42Ti – in late ’02, as well as a small facelift.

This engine also made its way into the MY03 GU Patrol wagon DX and ST. The Ti also gained a limited slip differential; and from August ’03 a new wagon variant – the ST-L – was slipped in between the ST and Ti.

Substantial changes and a new specification structure marked the facelifted GU Mk2 Patrol.

Every exterior panel, bar the roof, was altered on all seven-seat variants, and include redesigned headlights, grille, bonnet, bumpers, mudguards, rear valance, tail-lights and wheels.

Nissan went for a luxury-look interior with the cabin overhaul, headed by a very car-like dash that it promises offers better quality and greater ergonomics.

Revised seats, trim, console and even door handles also bring the Patrol up to date. New features include satellite navigation and a rear-facing camera.

The models now read: five-seat DX and seven-seat ST, ST-S, ST-L and Ti. The biggest engine change has been to the 3.0 TDI four-cylinder five-speed manual; it now emits 118kW/380Nm (116kW/354Nm for the auto).

The 114kW/360Nm 4.2-litre TD42 six-cylinder engine is a carryover from before, as is the 185kW/420Nm 4.8-litre six-cylinder TB48 petrol engine in ST-S, ST-L and luxury Ti variants.

Nissan left the part-time 4WD system, coil-spring suspension with front and rear stabiliser bars with suspension stroke for greater wheel articulation untouched.

Meanwhile the five-seat wagon body (DX only) gained a new front bumper and most of the panel changes, while its cabin trim material was bespoke.

Standard features on all models include air-con, driver’s airbag, central locking, power mirrors and CD player.
    Last edited by NP99; 23rd September 2014 at 01:45 PM.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

threedogs (23rd September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    plus in stock guise the GU sat 50mm lower than a GQ, straight off the showroom
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys now does anyone know where I can get a remote that doesn't cost $300 looked at aftermarket and they are like $30 off ebay but not sure what to do

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it has 16" mags from factory it's an early 2004 if it runs 17" mags from factory it's a late 2004 which is a GU1V, easy way is post a pic of the patrol and we can tell you what it is.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and not forgetting the rear cluster lights are different too

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toad_au View Post
    Thanks guys now does anyone know where I can get a remote that doesn't cost $300 looked at aftermarket and they are like $30 off ebay but not sure what to do
    I'm in the process of this also but yet to get one, apparently mr minit sell them and my wife says they will code it for you but I'm not sure how without the car and she said they don't need another key to match the code from ??? Lol so I'm guessing she's confused.

http://www.misterminit.com.au/key_car.html

http://nissanhelp.com/diy/common/nis...am_key_fob.php

14. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

toad_au (24th September 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate ill look into it hate to spend the 300 and it not work

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast