OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic Workshop tour with Readies 4x4 Motorsports. There's some great action and lots o

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a good chat to Readies today.... I asked about the TD42 in the late model GU's and he said so far they have fitted an 88 model donk into a 2006 GU and there is plans to also fit one to a 2008 which he is curious himself about.

He said if he had known about our meet up he would have tried to make time to come along and say gday..

Very friendly and helpful but not one for forums as he gets tired of arguing with keyboard heroes.

Also said he also does work on the road and if there is say a few cars in an area he will come and give them a tickle instead of having to take them to him in Bendigo.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

AB (18th September 2014), Family4x4 (19th September 2014), Hodge (18th September 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Had a good chat to Readies today.... I asked about the TD42 in the late model GU's and he said so far they have fitted an 88 model donk into a 2006 GU and there is plans to also fit one to a 2008 which he is curious himself about.

He said if he had known about our meet up he would have tried to make time to come along and say gday..

Very friendly and helpful but not one for forums as he gets tired of arguing with keyboard heroes.

Also said he also does work on the road and if there is say a few cars in an area he will come and give them a tickle instead of having to take them to him in Bendigo.
    I went out hand had a chat with Clint around midday, I think you were on the phone to him when I was there. My td42 uses a bit of fuel so was talking about getting a tune, he had one look at my pump and said looks like someone's played with the max fuel screw.... someone who must have had no idea. Also took me for a spin down the road in one of his GU TD42's with an 18g and 12mm. That got up and moving, makes my 16g large and 11mm (over fuelling) pump feel very lame. Think I will have to get something done sooner than later.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sooty_10 For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (18th September 2014), Family4x4 (18th September 2014), lucus30 (19th September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also heard they do a mean internal roll cage, thinking NN might want to give Clint a bell ?
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Also heard they do a mean internal roll cage, thinking NN might want to give Clint a bell ?
    Long drive for newby. Some 1800km one way
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he might like 4.2's just a little bit? Good video! I am curious about the 4.2 into CRD conversion also, I have the understanding that it is not legal as the 4.2 can't match the emissions of a CRD..
    GQ highmount, lockers, barwork, 3-Link front, long arms, V8, cage, duct tape, cable ties and 35's

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crate View Post
    I think he might like 4.2's just a little bit? Good video! I am curious about the 4.2 into CRD conversion also, I have the understanding that it is not legal as the 4.2 can't match the emissions of a CRD..
    This is what I was told by a few places when I asked about putting a 4.2 into my car. That quickly put a stop that.

Sent from my S4 using Forum Runner
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is about to do one so I guess watch and see......

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Family4x4 (19th September 2014), Hodge (19th September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So after seeing Clint out at Readies 4x4 yesterday and him noticing my max fuel screw cap was missing, mentioned that it looks like someone has played with it at some stage
    Which might be the explanation of my pretty average fuel consumption. Anyway I just had a play and un-wound the screw a few fractions and the patrol feels noticeably smoother/doesn't seem to lack any power, and the EGT's seem more stable and it now needs a lot more right foot to get towards dangerous zones. Be interesting to see the fuel consumption of my next tank load. Not sure who played with the screw, maybe before I bought it or the shop in Darwin I had give it a tune when I lived there. I've learnt a lot from the forums and actually have a basic understanding of the pump that now before I'll let anyone touch it, they will be explaining what exactly on the pump they are going to touch.

Clint was very helpful and didn't once try to do a sell on me, simply said he could have a look and tune it to get it sorted if I wanted to bring it in to him. Finances are the only thing holding me back at the moment (uni student), and I'll see how my figures go for now but as soon as I get my intercooler (next project on wish list) I'll most likely take it out to Clint for a tune.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sooty_10 For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (19th September 2014), Family4x4 (19th September 2014), Hodge (19th September 2014), lucus30 (19th September 2014), threedogs (2nd December 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we had a place like this in WA

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)