User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camping Cots?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are pricey yes and big when folded up. Was thinking of it as an alternative to a roof top tent. Trying to avoid carrying too much on the roof. That and I just like the look of them. My camps are usually simple, so this will be like a hotel.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd mention I have a jet tent bunker and it is the best thing I've bought. It folds up nicely, not as big as you may think, and it is very versatile and comfy! Love it.
    Pictured on the left.
    Attachment 49386
    2005 TD42TI

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Clunk (16th September 2014), oncedisturbed (16th September 2014), phtest (16th September 2014), threedogs (28th September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a bivvy bag and it was delivered today. Basically a compact swag and can still be used on a stretcher and anywhere else you could use 1.

Needed something with lower side entry until I can use the swag properly and this fit the bill nicely and was cheap.

1410856635845.jpg
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oncedisturbed For This Useful Post:

Clunk (16th September 2014), Hodge (16th September 2014), phtest (16th September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi we have one, single tho, love it and heaps more comfy than my Boab swag. Its not the canvas type and can get condensation in it if its all sealed up but no probs. Kids like using it to and put an extra self inflating mattress in it and comfort!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bunker too and its awesome. I was in the market for a dome swag then stumbled on the bunker, at around the same price as a decent brand swag ($389 delivered from Snowys)
    A friend bought one as soon as he saw mine and we used them for a couple nights down Yeagarup, he also commented it was the best nights sleep when camping ever, I agree!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUte For This Useful Post:

Clunk (21st September 2014), Hodge (21st September 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of my mates are now converted too after seeing my bunker. Definitely a nice piece of camping kit!
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a question for those running bunkers. My one has a few deficiencies, that I've noticed. I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong but yeah...
    Dumb question time. Do you sleep with the head on the narrow end or the open end ??? Reason I'm asking is my bunker XL slopes down at the high end, and I'm not a fan of sleeping with elevated feet. This is with fully stretched out and setup.

The other thing is, the high end poles at the top want to come inwards toward each other, and with the canvas over it, this doesn't allow the canvas to be stretched and is left somewhat loose on top.

And the other thing is, I just read the manual and it tells me to extend front and rear poles... The only 2 poles extending on my XL are the high end ones?

Attachment 49665
    Last edited by Hodge; 27th September 2014 at 04:37 PM.
    2005 TD42TI

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,311 Times in 6,441 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Head at the high end Eric. Unless you sleep with you legs up....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (30th September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I have a question for those running bunkers. My one has a few deficiencies, that I've noticed. I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong but yeah...
    Dumb question time. Do you sleep with the head on the narrow end or the open end ??? Reason I'm asking is my bunker XL slopes down at the high end, and I'm not a fan of sleeping with elevated feet. This is with fully stretched out and setup.

The other thing is, the high end poles at the top want to come inwards toward each other, and with the canvas over it, this doesn't allow the canvas to be stretched and is left somewhat loose on top.

And the other thing is, I just read the manual and it tells me to extend front and rear poles... The only 2 poles extending on my XL are the high end ones?

Attachment 49665
    Eric got a bit of Pussy in is Bunker! They must be good!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

boots (27th September 2014), Hodge (30th September 2014), mudski (27th September 2014), Winnie (9th January 2015)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,311 Times in 6,441 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's it! I'm going to buy ten of them.....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (30th September 2014)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast